Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured i'd start it since i said something about it. anything goes pretty much as long as you don't get out of hand and the mods need to get up in here

zy - so let's finish this suby conversation!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sportin' a 1st gen. legacy ('93) i love her though and she's in real nice condition...preparing a WRX/STi suspension swap for the fall and then i will really be tearing up the roads :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
testy? it's like any car really when it comes to modding. just know what you're doing. yes, more expensive, however more fun IMO

·
Registered
59 Posts
belladonna said:
testy? it's like any car really when it comes to modding. just know what you're doing. yes, more expensive, however more fun IMO
Its just I was reading and they were talking about Fuel upgrades for an intake? I thought that was kind of outrageous. I just swapped the heads and intakes on my mustang and I havn't upgraded the fuel yet. Car dosnt even run lean. (Although I do have new injectors I just havn't installed)

·
Registered
241 Posts
is your mustang FI?

actually for recent model WRXs you really dont need to mess with the intake much. not until you do something intense like an FMIC with a turbo ugprade. they after market intakes just dont' yield that much.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boxer engines are also a completely different beast as well ;)

and xyloft, i'm taken...sorry to bust your bubble there

·
Registered
241 Posts
belladonna said:
boxer engines are also a completely different beast as well ;)

and xyloft, i'm taken...sorry to bust your bubble there
Lol. its all good.

so my friend and I were planning on building a 98ish impresa RS coupe car as a project for a rallyX car. going to the junkyard and picking up a wrecked 02+ wrx drivetrain and throwing that in there (or maybe STI drivetrain if my stupid money tree would ever blossom).

man it would be so much fun. but i realised last week, that i really need to get a house with more than a single car garage. probably a tripple car garage. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a 3 car garage -is that to much to ask?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol i keep telling myself that my garage is NOT allowed to be b***** than my house...we'll see how well that one works out :D

+1 on the impreza coupe...a few months back GRM did a segment spanning about three issues on how to build an impreza couple rally car. it turned into a rallycross car, but it's the same principle involved.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I own a WRX, too, and have been autocrossing it. I need A LOT more practice, but that's alright. Can't expect to be great in a day, right? :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
ajwho said:
I own a WRX, too, and have been autocrossing it. I need A LOT more practice, but that's alright. Can't expect to be great in a day, right? :D

nope, sure cant. autoX has so much skill involved, its not just a test of a machine.

i went to a subaru only autoX up in columbus last year. about 55 subarus. they turned Astock into the STI class. every sti minus 2 i think that were in SM were in that class. I was the only other stock STI in that group - dead last.

this year i'm running STU in a stock car because i was planning on doing some suspension work (except i bought a bike) and the 6 of us in that class were withing 5 tenths of each other. legacys, wrxs, stis, all varying levels of modification, i felt pretty solid since i was the only stock car. still i always place bottom 50%

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't think it matters where you finish, as long as you're happy with how you drove for the day. i can't stress enough to people that autocrossing is a good thing because you not only learn what your car can do, but you can learn how to effectively correct it if you get into a sticky situation. my kids will autocross when they turn 16 :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
so true. its so much better to lose control of the car on the autoX than it is on the streets. i don't doubt for 1 minute that my lessons learned from AutoX have helped me on the street with "surprise" maneuvors

·
Registered
241 Posts
yup.

so i'm going to try and walk into an MSF course tonight. wish me luck. if i can't walk into one i have to wait until september when i'm registered.

if i miss today, i can try monday and wendesday next week.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good luck! i hope you get into the class...try pre-registering next time if it doesn't work out ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
i am pre registered. the earliest i could get in was Sept 10th. yeah..

so i got the classroom knocked out. but i wasn't an official person, as i lost a 50/50 lottery with a girl who doesnt own a bike, and has never ridden. but can't blame her for it.

so if one person doesnt make it to the saturday morning, i'm in. otherwise, i think I'm the official alternate for the class that starts on saturday if they have a slot or a no show.

after taking the class i feel pretty justified, everythign in there i was doing, and focused on doing. not saying i'm a master or perfect, just that i'm focusing on the right things.

you feeling better? still getting everythign worked out?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like you made out okay then...a lot of the class stuff is common sense, but pay attention anyway because you don't want to develop bad habits that could hurt you down the line.

i'm in physical therapy now and i'm walking a lot better. i think i may even attempt stairs normally today, but we'll see

·
Registered
241 Posts
belladonna said:
sounds like you made out okay then...a lot of the class stuff is common sense, but pay attention anyway because you don't want to develop bad habits that could hurt you down the line.

i'm in physical therapy now and i'm walking a lot better. i think i may even attempt stairs normally today, but we'll see
no worries. i'm there to learn, and i understand the stakes so i go in thinking i don't know anything.

glad to hear you're coming back along. don't rush anything though, take your time and you'll be back to normal before you know it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts