Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is Lynda (aka T1 incident). I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good. I got discharged from the hospital at about 10:30 yesterday (6-27) and Todd took me home. I am very, very sore, but I guess that's the price you pay for going off road when you're not supposed to.

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped out getting my gear and stuff back to Milwaukee. As well as all of the paramedics, corner workers, and nesba staff. You guys are awesome, I wouldn't have picked a better crew to be with.

As far as what happened...I'm not really sure. All I know was I was coming down the front straight nearing turn 1 and that was it. The next thing I remeber was being strapped to a backboard and put into a helicopter. At that point they told me I had been in an accident...WOW...I had no idea. Apparently I was very dehydrated, but I didn't feel any symptoms. I was having probably one of the best sessions ever. I didn't feel dizzy, drowsy, or disoriented at all. My guess is that the adrenaline in me was disguising my symptoms.

Thanks again to everyone for your kindness and thoughts and for your help at the track on Sunday. I'm glad everyone else made it out of there safely (minus the deer) as well.

Tom-where is that umbrella girl contract you need me to sign. I want to ride my bike tonight already. Plus I make a pretty good umbrella girl for you eh?

------------------
Lynda Thiel (T1 incident/BHF/6-27)
Beginner #721
GSXR 750 Red, Silver, Black, and gravel

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
wow! T1 is a pretty scary portion of the track to be going off of anyways Lynda, glad to hear you are doing okay. I'm pretty familiar w/the track there (went to it in May twice for the entire 3 days each time).

Hope all heals up and the bike is easily fixed.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I am very glad to hear that you are okay. I was right behind you when it happened. ( #51 Red 1000RR) and from my view point, your line was awesome, I was following it and you were following Heath (CR on the K5 Gixxer) and just past the apex I saw your head turn left and the bike followed. I actually started to follow you, but I turned my head hard right and pulled it back online. From my point of view, it was a pretty horrific crash, and I expected there were going to be extensive injuries.

Good Luck with everything!

Take Care,
Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
where the head goes...the bike will follow

Glad to hear you are OK!!!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Let's see the umbrella girl picture! I know Tom has one!!! hehe

·
Registered
266 Posts
glad ur doin good. i didn't see the crash but i'm amazed your bike crashed so nicely. I rode home with tom and the thing ran great all the way there.

hope this doesn't scare you in going to other track days, as it looks like a blast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ibjames said:
can someone explain T1 and the like?
resuscit8u said:
here is a track map
That map's not very accurate. Among other things, T1 is noticeably tighter than indicated.

Basically, turn 1 is a 90 degree right hander after the high speed front straight. It's a fairly 'popular' place for accidents to occur.

That's T1 -- not sure what your looking for with 'explain.. the like.' Do you want the whole track layout or ?? :dunno

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Lynda - you know how very happy I am, we all are, to see you safe and in one peice!!

·
Banned
115 Posts
Nicky310 said:
That map's not very accurate. Among other things, T1 is noticeably tighter than indicated.

Basically, turn 1 is a 90 degree right hander after the high speed front straight. It's a fairly 'popular' place for accidents to occur.

That's T1 -- not sure what your looking for with 'explain.. the like.' Do you want the whole track layout or ?? :dunno
Yes, very good point about how tight T1 is. Here is a video to illustrate further.

http://myfilez.net/users/resuscit8u/bhf-6-26.wmv

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
plus not to mention the fact that once you leave the track, you have hella ruts out there that can/will flip the bike. and swamp beyond the ruts. oh, yeah, that corner (and seven) eats bikes.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Well, LInda Ill draw up the paperwork and we will get it signed tonight if that works for you. THe bike is ready to go. If you happen to have that new tail light, I suggest bringing it, otherwise I guess Ill put the old one back in and throw in the bulb from your busted turn signal in there so you have a brake light. But it wont be red, so if you have any of that ted plastic stuff that you had before, I suggest bringing that.

I didnt get the clutch lever bent back, but if you have time this week, you can bring it back over, or something, and we can get it bent right back. Nothing a blowtorch cant handle.

My mom and sister were standing in turn one watching your crash and they said you just started going wide, and the bike got wobbily and they said is looked like you just gently set it down. They expected to see you jump right back up. But then you started flopping around like a fish out of water and they knew something wasnt right. Thats when I went by and saw you flopping there. I thought you were crying, but you were probably having some sort of seisure or whatever.

And Andy, unfortunately I do not have a picture of the umbrella girl. Craig has those. Linda, you need to get him to email them to you or whatever. We want to see it.

Especially me with my sexy farmers tan.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Todd has those on his camera...I think he's keeping them for himself...he really liked your sexy farmers tan Tom. You will have to wrestle him for the pics--oh wait--you can wrestle me for them, I won't put up much of a fight, but hey, I'll get to wrestle with you then ;)

I'll bring the red tail light along tonight when I come and get the bike, we'll see if we can piece everything back together. Have that contract ready!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Wow Lynda!!!! I am glad you are ok, I didn't even know you crashed.
I am glad you are looking to get back on!

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
Great to hear you're OK! Bad place to crash (assuming there's a good place to crash). Glad to hear you want to get back out riding!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts