Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Suzuki must have had a master mechanic set up his suspension and put on his windscreen...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hell, it looked like they were tapping 90+ almost before impact anyways. Average cager is usually dumbfounded because they can't judge how fast bikers are coming towards them at speeds like that. All they see is a dot in the distance and the next sec bikers are right up on them. I think a swerve by the first biker coulda prevented impact but then again, swerving at high speeds might cause a wipeout also. IMO Can't say too much about the 2nd biker. Swerve behind the cager maybe? Don't know. Overall, all could have been prevented had bikers kicked it down abit on the speed issue. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To make it easier, I'll call the guy on the GSXR "master mechanic" and the guy on the R1 "$100 head."

It looked to me that when $100 head passed master mechanic, this was master mechanic's opportunity to prove that his 10 year GSXR600 is just as fast as a fairly new R1. It looked like he took off and was focused on the R1. Suddenly, he makes the pass and then quickly realizes that the side of a sedan is the finish line. It's a pretty common thing to see when people go on group rides and ride over their heads.

It looked like $100 head just target fixated.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
$100 dollar head hosed itself. By passing on the right they shut off any possible escape route. It sorta looks like Master Mechanic MIGHT have had a slight shot at going behind the slow moving target. I think he would have hit the median and gone for the long slide. That is still better then a T-bone. Well, that is how you learn. IF you live through your lesson. Motorcycle riders are like Salmon. Not everyone gets upstream to breed.
Was that a sholder mount MM was wearing? I really don't like the idea, but then again, I'm a 'head on a swivel' rider. My head NEVER stops moving. I have mirrors on my bike because the cops get antsy if I don't. All I use them for is checking to make sure my fly is zipped before going in to pay for my gas.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I think both of them had easy swerve avoidance opportunity.

Especially $100 head as he would have been swerving around the back... However I guess we can't see if there was a car on his left.

Edit: And this is clearly the bikers fault. Car had enough time to get through the interesection at normal traffic speed. Only stupid thing the cager did was slow down in the middle of the road when they saw the bikes coming when they really shoulda floored it through the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
There really is no such thing as an"accident". When two vehicles collide, it's because both drivers screwed up. :fedup

·
Registered
619 Posts
The only time the bikes were below 80mph were when they were stopped. I think I saw 130 once and the speed of impact was 95mph :eek:mg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts