Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a CF 2BR pipe with PCIII from Bugduc and a Cat eliminator pipe from Enygma today and decided to swap out the exhaust tonight. I had orginally contemplated drilling the holes in the stock exhaust, but decided that I would never be happy knowing that there could be something that sounded better, so I upgraded to a real exhaust system. Took me roughly 1.5 hours to make the swap. Then I fired her up and WOW! The bike really sounds like a sports bike now. I didn't realize what a difference it would make. A friend and I went out for a quick ride and the bike sounds great. I could hear the exhaust well past 60 mph unlike the stock exhaust which I could hardly make out past 50. Shifting gears is so much smoother, but I do have to give it a little more gas at launches. I think the PCIII will help with this.

I didn't install the PCIII yet, because I wanted to ride the bike and get a feel for the new exhaust on it's own. Butt dyno. When I reversed the bike into my garage I had to pull the rear out a little in order to stand the bike up on the center stand. When I did this, I noticed how much lighter the rear end is now and was able to slide the rear with no problems. Next week I will install the PCIII and give it go. The 2BR pipes come with it's own FE bracket, but after looking at it, I liked FAZER6's FE bracket better, so I was able to keep it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the exhaust system from other members on this board. Pipecity.com was my second option.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Pipecity's price includes shipping, in any case, it's a bit cheaper but these pipes are still way overpriced, I expect the price of FZ6 slip-ons to drop over time but who knows.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed my Power Commander tonight. Another big difference. The throttle response was much smoother, shifting was smoother, and the engine revs faster now. I found myself shifting into second when I should have been shifting into 3rd by that time. It gets up and goes. Installation was simple and fast. I'm very happy with my purchase and think it was worth it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another option was the Laser system. I think they look good and very close to stock apperance. Price was good too, but I really wanted carbon fiber, so I passed on them.

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
What was the link for the lazer system pipes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
RBC827 said:
I installed my Power Commander tonight. Another big difference. The throttle response was much smoother, shifting was smoother, and the engine revs faster now. I found myself shifting into second when I should have been shifting into 3rd by that time. It gets up and goes. Installation was simple and fast. I'm very happy with my purchase and think it was worth it.
Hi RBC827, have you enable the Accelarator Pump? Wow :devil it give the extra kick and power whenever you want it, just a twist of throttle . It come wif our PCIII. just download the software from the wetsite and enjoy the fun. :cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
murphy said:
Hi RBC827, have you enable the Accelarator Pump? Wow :devil it give the extra kick and power whenever you want it, just a twist of throttle . It come wif our PCIII. just download the software from the wetsite and enjoy the fun. :cheers

COOL! I have to try that out. Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wingnuut said:
Where can you buy the black out windshield and the power commander ?
I just spray painted the back of the stock wind shield which looks very good. Most people can't tell that I did it myself. As far as the PC is concerned there are a few places that sell it, but I can't tell you the cheapest. I purchased mine from the online member "Bugduc".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts