Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k well ive got it lined up...it will be my first bike...couple years old...perfect condition etc...anyone think im making a huge mistake on my first bike being this? keep in mind im huuuge 6'4 200. i have a bit of dirt experience, but nothing much. im taking a riders course, and am getting properly geared...what yall think

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, there are worse bikes and there are better bikes.........

·
Registered
203 Posts
Based on the advice I have been given, it's not the way to go. However, since you have experience, it might be a different case. When compared with the newer 600's, they say the SV650 is a far better choice, however, a Ninja 500/250 or a gs500e/f is a safer decision.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got the SVS as a first bike. It's a GREAT bike for me so far. Takes a little while to get used to (which should be done in a parkinglot or very small neighborhood road! and may take a couple days).. but with a little expereince before hand, it can be a great first street bike.

As said before, an 500 or 250 would be easier to start on, however an SV650S can be a great starter bike in the right hands.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
As long as you don't go stunting around or railing every turn. Take your time and learn the bikes habbits, your bad habits and then go rack up some miles once you're 100% comfortable. Track days are cool too. :nerd

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the bike I am strongly leaning towards as well...sharp looking machine, and not as insanely powerful as the 600 sports...btw, RacerX...I see what you mean...I tried the new CBR 600 RR last night...holy shit! Beautiful, but a tad on the spooky side. I can get a 2 year old SV 650 S for around $5000 Canadian...in excellent shape. Going to wait until February for the prices to go even lower and pick one up....really like the burnt orange coloured one, and the bottom fairing that is factory on the SV 1000, but not the 600 can be installed after which is something I will definitly opt for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts