Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
FWIW - I test rode the Suzuki 650 and 650s before buying my FZ6. I found the seating position/ergos on the Yamaha better than all the other bikes (especially the "s" versions of the Suzuki due to the clip-ons and slightly farther back rear-set). The FZ6 also has great power available - now that I'm past my initial 600 miles check/tune I can open it up a bit more and this bike easily breaks ALL speed limits without leaving 3rd gear!! I also love the look of the undertail exhaust and the digital gauge. Lastly, the FZ6 comes with a centerstand (not an option for the Suzuki's per my local stealer/dealer).

Obviously I'm biased, but I really love this bike.

· Registered
78 Posts
Again, everyone has their own experiences and preferences - but I got my FZ6 as a first bike. I was told by everyone I knew that rode that I would drop the bike at some point and accepted it as a risk of owning a nice bike. On the third day of being on the street my FZ6 was dropped at an intersection when I put my left foot down into some cages mess of oil and antifreeze. And did I cry? Nope...just picked up the bike, checked it for damage (just a few scratches in the alt cover and the back of the mirror), restarted it and finished my planned trip.

Honestly, my biggest concern about dropping a bike was not how to prevent it (happens to the best of us, so I'm told), but if I could actually get it back upright (I'm physically fit, but only 155lbs soaking wet). A friend let me try to pick up his HD Softail....and it was all I could do to get the 650+ lbs monster back on it wheels.

Bruce in Redding, CA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.