Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK so this just started happening today... It all of a sudden became REALLY hard to shift between first and second. If I put it in N it can be a chore to get it down to 1st or up to 2nd. I've had it in N and push upward with all my might in my foot and it just will NOT shift to 2nd. What the hell is going on? The shifter on my bike is from another SV650 since I wrecked mine and ripped the actual peg part of my shifter off. Could the linkage be fucked up or something? Cause it wasn't doing this yesterday and I haven't done anything different. I mean, I adjusted the linkage a little to change the angle of the pedal, but that's it. HELP!

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody got any ideas???

·
old member
13,079 Posts
So the only that changed since you were able to shift was that you adjusted the shift lever height? Have you tried putting it back where it was? Did you wreck your shift lever by going down? If so, it may have bent the shaft so that the lever doesn't move freely. If the lever doesn't move freely, adjusting where the lever sits may have caused your present problem. Just a guess.

What about the other gears?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
First, try adjusting the linkage back to where it was. If that does nothing, you've probably bent the shift fork... If it does it ONLY in 1st or 2nd, it's most likely a fork.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright I will play with it tomorrow, thanks guys.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out my shifter shaft is bent from when I wrecked (this wasn't causing the hard shifting). Luckily the friend who had the donor SV for all the front end parts also still had the blown motor, so we just took the shaft out of his engine... I hate spending money but I'm glad it wasn't the crankcase!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts