Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gonna Buy a new bike SV1000S or TL1000 or Maybe an Aprilia Mille

Ok guys I'm shopping for a new ride give me some feed back on these models. Keep in mind that I'm 37years young and the bike will not see any track time. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't say enough about my SV1000S been a great bike so far and I love the power and handling. And on top of that it's a unique ride.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Aprilia Mille is the way I would go. You don't see many of them on the road!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I don't know too much about the SV, but I have lots of miles on a TL. I liked it a lot, great power, and amazing hadling. That would be my choice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It seems like there are lots of SVS that dealers are trying to get rid of. At least that's what I keep hearing. I checked the dealer here and they are still trying to get the sticker price for the SVS they've had sitting on the floor.

I reallly like the SV, but I've never ridden any of the bikes you mentioned, so my opinion doesn't mattre for much.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Out of those 3..I would pick and have picked the Mille...but if you're not gonna see a track, don't bother.

For the type of riding I 'think' you wanna do...get the SV.

BTW, I'm 36 if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Go Aprilia, look at the Falco, a bit more comfy than the rsv mille. Put a chip(rsv or tuono chips work great, or a good chip with cans like renegade), airbox, and pipes and it makes the same power.
For that matter look at the tuono, even more comfortable, and mechanically identical to the rsv

·
Registered
321 Posts
sexton7z said:
Ok guys I'm shopping for a new ride give me some feed back on these models. Keep in mind that I'm 37years young and the bike will not see any track time. :D
Got to give you credit here on your choices, which in my opinion are all great. Most riders wouldn't be into vtwins right off. Anyway, with the choices above, I would go with the Millie. My nephew has one, and it borders on Italian sweetnees/handling, with seemingly Japanese realibility.

Also, I noticed you didn't include the RC51 in your Vtwin choices. Shame on you!!! :) The SV is sweet, and not as radical of the other two. The TL and Millie are pure sportbikes and are hungry to attack twistees. Whereas the SV, will hit the twistees too, but the position and I guess the suspension is not as pure as the other two. Again, shame on you for not including the RC51 in your choices. You might be short changing yourself if you don't at least take a look at the RC51 and see what it is all about..

I was going to post a picture, but then I might get called a "picture whore", which I am... :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i love aprilia's, but it seems like the company has been on the rocks lately and resale values are kinda low... but other than that, i would definately get the Aprilia. maybe a little more track oriented than the others, but they are so damn sexy...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love all the bikes you're looking at.

If you're trying to do it on a budget, I can't say enough about the TLR. I got my 03 w/1000 miles for $6400.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Even though it states I'm a newbie I've been riding street bikes since about 17 starting with a classic Z-1 raked out engine kitted and chromed out. Great starter bike. I went on to a series of GS1100's and one 1150 then on to the early gsxr series. Quit riding for a long while due to family obligations(big mistake). The last two years have been great I finally got back into it. I needed to ride really bad!! So to convince the wife that I wouldn't ride to fast I bought a clapped out 83 GS1100ed and proceeded to restore it completely. I still have the family bike and me the whole family ride it. Two months ago I bought a wrecked SV 650 and love it. Damn the torpedoes!!! Give me somthing with thats light and flickable give me more power! :lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
GoodDc5 said:
Off-topic, but how do you pronounce mille? Is it mee-lay... or mill?

I would choose the mille.
It's pronounced mee-lay.

If you want a more comfortable Mille, get the Tuono. It's the same bike except for the handlebars and bodywork. Unless your talking about the new 04 RSVR's. They are all together different than the 03 Mille's.

I have discovered track days and would like to sell my Factory, so I could buy a Tuono AND a cheap track bike. Don't want to throw the Factory down the track.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sexton7z said:
Even though it states I'm a newbie I've been riding street bikes since about 17 starting with a classic Z-1 raked out engine kitted and chromed out. Great starter bike. I went on to a series of GS1100's and one 1150 then on to the early gsxr series. Quit riding for a long while due to family obligations(big mistake). The last two years have been great I finally got back into it. I needed to ride really bad!! So to convince the wife that I wouldn't ride to fast I bought a clapped out 83 GS1100ed and proceeded to restore it completely. I still have the family bike and me the whole family ride it. Two months ago I bought a wrecked SV 650 and love it. Damn the torpedoes give me somthing with thats lite and flickable give me more power. :lol
Dam, you must be as old as me!!! :) I purchased a brand new 74 Z1, and rasied a lot of hell back then!! :) One day I was up at Pocono race way, and they were doing the production races, and the Z1 was killing everything. I had my fitted with a 1100 yosh kit, and nobody understood why my bike was fitted with a shorten swingarm!! :) :) Until they saw me go around a curve that bike. Ahh, the Z1 brings back many a memory...

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I said I'm 37 years young. I'll never grow up. Got my eye on a Z-1 maybe to restore and put up for my boy he is 13 won't be long for him. I'm leaning towards the SV. I might look at a few RC51's. I don't now a whole lot about those bikes though. Like I said anybody got any horsepower figures on these bikes. :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts