Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for parts for my '01 SV650S and it's mostly going to be run at HPT. I want to keep it WERA Superstock and CCS Supersport legal since if I race it down the road I want it to be in one of those classes.

I'm 220 lbs and it currently has stock gearing, an aftermarket filter in the stock airbox, yosh slip-on, and tuned by Cafe Racer, inc. Current rubber is Pilot Powers in good shape.

Planned upgrades include .90kg/mm fork springs, 20w fork oil, rear shock replaced with one from a 636, braided brake lines, HH pads, fresh fluid.

Any specific setup suggestions? Sprocket change?

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
just ride the damn thing :neener

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I'm shopping for parts for my '01 SV650S and it's mostly going to be run at HPT. I want to keep it WERA Superstock and CCS Supersport legal since if I race it down the road I want it to be in one of those classes.

I'm 220 lbs and it currently has stock gearing, an aftermarket filter in the stock airbox, yosh slip-on, and tuned by Cafe Racer, inc. Current rubber is Pilot Powers in good shape.

Planned upgrades include .90kg/mm fork springs, 20w fork oil, rear shock replaced with one from a 636, braided brake lines, HH pads, fresh fluid.

Any specific setup suggestions? Sprocket change?

I'm not sure how much better changing your gearing would do you. You might check out one of the SV specific forums for that.

What year is your bike?

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Just go with stock gearing. You're not racing, it's just a track day. So it doesn't really matter. I'm sure you really wouldn't notice the differance.

·
Registered
987 Posts
220 dont you want a round a .95 spring for HPT? No SV expert though. Down one in the front is a safe start on gearing take it from there.

With its super smooth track HPT is pretty forgiving suspension wise I keep it on the stiff side to be safe. There are several places where it is easy to bottom out if the person ahead of you over breaks too soon or you get stuffed.

Dont get me wrong I overbreak too it is hard to get it through your head how much better it is or just how fast you can go through the same corners.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. On spring rates, looking at what guys are using on SVriders track forum looks like most guys running .95s are actually lighter than me. So racetech is either really optimistic on how much gear weighs or they like softer springs.

What I REALLY need to do is lose about 20 lbs. That's the biggest performance boost I could give the little SV and it would help my 1125R too. ;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. On spring rates, looking at what guys are using on SVriders track forum looks like most guys running .95s are actually lighter than me. So racetech is either really optimistic on how much gear weighs or they like softer springs.

What I REALLY need to do is lose about 20 lbs. That's the biggest performance boost I could give the little SV and it would help my 1125R too. ;)
Track only you can go 1.0 with your weaght but without revalue it is going to be hard for the suspension to keep up witout being harsh. Race tecs recomendations often make me scratch my head you can get good results from their stuf but takes some adjusting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts