Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 287 Posts

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Here's Pics of my first bike 2003 SV1000s. Got it may first and I already have 4k on the clock. I'm loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Naughty76 said:
Thanks a bunch! How far do they stick out from the fairings? Do you think they will provide any kind of protection?
They stick out about 2 inches from the fairing. The only drawback is that they aren't quite as strong as some of the other sliders because they don't bolt directly into the frame. The hole in the fairing doesn't line up directly with where you would normally bolt a slider to, so it uses an S-curve bracket that you bolt to the frame and you mount the slider on the other end of the bracket so that it sticks out of that hole in your fairing. I'd say they'd work alright for low to medium speed crashes.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
007 said:
They stick out about 2 inches from the fairing. The only drawback is that they aren't quite as strong as some of the other sliders because they don't bolt directly into the frame. The hole in the fairing doesn't line up directly with where you would normally bolt a slider to, so it uses an S-curve bracket that you bolt to the frame and you mount the slider on the other end of the bracket so that it sticks out of that hole in your fairing. I'd say they'd work alright for low to medium speed crashes.

That's what I figured. I couldnt figure out how they would ever be able to match one up to a frame through the fairing without drilling. I think I want them more for protection against a tip over.... I would like to find a crash cage (bars that stickout around the lower portion of the fairing and bike) but I havn't been able to find one of those either. 905racing.com has stated that they were working on trying to get an SV into the shop to try and fabricate one, but to date they havn't been able to do that. They took my info and said they would call me if they came out with anything else for the SV.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
007 said:
Excellent! Now get rid of that stock exhaust so you can hear that V-twin rumble. :)
I agree with that!!! The only visual thing that I think is a must on the SV is getting rid of that god awful rear fender :barf

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Stable at my house
You can see my 00 SV with the dual renegade exhaust, my g/f's new (to her) 01 SVS, her old (for sale) 03 EX250, and my brother's 93 GS500. Once her Ninja is gone, we'll have three blue suzuki naked twins at our house.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine a month ago. Already did all the cheap mods and now I want a fuel injected 650 or 1000. I don't like the color options. WHY DON'T THEY HAVE A BLACK ONE!!!! :cry

I'm cheap so I rattlecanned the wheels semi-gloss black. I like it! Here is a pic from a ride through my favorite road in Wisconsin...

Attachments

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
Well here's mine. It's for the track, so no street ridin! Just got it and I'll my first track day on Aug,22. :headbang :D

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here's mine! I got it last year after 2 deer took me and my first SV out. I've only done little mods so far . Brighter bulbs for night riding, frame sliders, fender eliminator , LED blinkers , TRE eliminator , lighter bar ends , and new chain(well that was the first thing I did).
jesse

Attachments

21 - 40 of 287 Posts