Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any magazines or other who have any alternative suspension settings for Fazer 6. Mine is a 2006 model. I once read a magazine called Performance Bikes, from the UK, And they did a lot of suspension settings on different bikes. Both a track setting, and a road setting. I don´t know if they ever made one on the Fazer 6?????????

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
There are a few places that make replacement shocks for the FZ6. I'm drawing a complete blank on the companies though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The stock suspension is very limited. If you want any adjustability beyond the rear preload mentioned above, you will need to replace the suspension. Like many others on this board, I've replaced the front forks with R6 bits, and I've got an Ohlins rear shock. Those parts allow for preload, as well as compression and rebound damping. I wouldn't bother keeping track of multiple settings personally. I am going to set mine up for the track and just ride it like that all the time. :p

·
Little Foxen
356 Posts
How much difference does it really make to replace the suspension, in terms of street riding? My wife and I often go riding out in the country, and obviously her pillioning puts more load on the shocks, so I have been considering upgrading them. I'm also going to upgrade the brake lines to braided hoses. How much difference am I likely to notice, though, in terms of handling? I really would be doing it from a safety perspective more than anything, but if it won't significantly improve handling, it doesn't seem like the cost/benefit ratio is really worthwhile.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
Bnonn said:
How much difference does it really make to replace the suspension, in terms of street riding? My wife and I often go riding out in the country, and obviously her pillioning puts more load on the shocks, so I have been considering upgrading them. I'm also going to upgrade the brake lines to braided hoses. How much difference am I likely to notice, though, in terms of handling? I really would be doing it from a safety perspective more than anything, but if it won't significantly improve handling, it doesn't seem like the cost/benefit ratio is really worthwhile.
My forks are quite immoral and have blatant disregard for the overall well being of other forks. That being said, your highly moral and socially responsible suspension would be compromised by my advice.

Oh alright. The Racetech fork mods are well worth the money IMO. Great handling compared to stock. I can see how the correct springs, oil, and emulators would be advantageous for carrying a passenger. I've cranked the rear preload up when carrying heavy luggage but have no experience with aftermarket rear suspension (yet).

·
Batteries not included
132 Posts
pelon717 said:
My forks are quite immoral and have blatant disregard for the overall well being of other forks. That being said, your highly moral and socially responsible suspension would be compromised by my advice.
:eek:nfloor :lao :eek:nfloor :lol

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
They sell you replacment springs specifically made for your weight range. Not sure if they recommend any certain weights of oil too though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Randomchaos said:
They sell you replacment springs specifically made for your weight range. Not sure if they recommend any certain weights of oil too though.
The full racetech setup includes springs, fork oil, and valving adjustment via some cartridge emulators I think. It's more than just springs, that's for sure.

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
FazeX said:
The full racetech setup includes springs, fork oil, and valving adjustment via some cartridge emulators I think. It's more than just springs, that's for sure.
Nice, I wasnt sure if they did all of that as well. I like how you simply enter your weight on their site and what type of riding you will be doing to pull up what spring rate you should get.

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
FazeX said:
It is really up to you how much of a conversion you want to do. Some people have just changed the oil and some have changed it all and added the emulators. Most have just changed the springs and added heavier oil and absolutely loved the results.

After reading pages and pages of RaceTech related threads, speaking with the folks at RaceTech, and riding with and talking to other FZ6 riders who have done the conversion, I have decided to replace the springs and the oil....a $110 do it yourself job.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I replaced springs and oil and put cartridge emulators in, and it was a very noticeable difference. Less brake dive, and noticeably better tracking through bumpy corners. I haven't tried the R6 mod, but it's also a cartridge design and will handle better than stock (assuming the springs are good for your weight).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts