Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone who can help me tune my suspension on my F4i. Im learning to lay my bike down low in turns, but Im still scard im going to fall. How can I tune my suspension to help me. I dont really dont want it to slide out from under me because its stiff or something. Thanks to all who can help. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
that was actually the first thing i did when i did my own suspension set up. i made everything stiff as hell. bout 5 laps into it the front just tucked. i think it hit a bump & of course the forks didn't suck it up & i ate it. i've lowsided a few times, it's no prob now. i got the slide down & everything. if anybody has good advice. i'm listening in too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try Max at Traxxion Dynamics. That's who I use for suspension stuff, street and track. Have you messed with your suspension at all, rad? One of my bros has an F4i and drags the hell out of the pegs and exhaust on it. Pretty good, easy to ride bike. One of the first things you should try is to get the sag settings right, see how it feels and adjust the rebound and compression damping as needed.

Chicken strips, I've done about the same thing. I prefer a tight-handling bike but have gone over on my preload and damping settings.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I believe Sport Rider (www.sportrider.com) had good settings for the F4i. I think that's what I set mine to, but I had to jack up the pre-load cause I'm ~240...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts