Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and gave it a swift quick in the ass too.

well me and 3 other riders set out for the gap today and it rained basically the whole way there...didnt think we would get to ride but when we finally got there it wasnt raining but the road was wet. well we ended up taking a slow run through and the more experienced riders gave the tour. i rode my normal pace on most of the runs which is slow but it was a pretty tight road. didnt have to go very fast at all to have fun. picked it up a little bit in the last run. the videos i have seen online of deals gap jsut dont do it justice. its so much different in person, video doesnt capture the elevation changes very well.

it was kinda damp although it dried some while we were out there and riding on a wet road makes me even more paranoid than i already am. all in all though it was an awesome ride. got to ride part of the cherohola skyway as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
thats crazy..i was just there yesterday for my first time! Was definately awesome. Best riding you could ask for. There was a time or two that i thought i was going down..but it wasnt that big of a deal. My shoes are really wore out from that ride lol. I had a lot of fun.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
congrats. I hope that one day before my unlucky card comes up I can hit the Gap too.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
:needpics

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well no pics but got some video i have to edit..although im not in most of the footage the other riders were fast and i couldnt have kept up even i fi wanted to, so most of it i was by myself with no other riders insight. occasionaly someone would pass me or id see someone going the other way. eventually the rider with the cam got behind me towards the end but not much good to see. i need to get a cam for my bike. im not fast enough to keep up to stay with the camera.

·
POP
490 Posts
Absolutely awesome road. Except the pavement on the North Carolina side. It's not the greatest but I've ridden on worse. My friends and I are planning a return trip on Labor Day weekend. Can't wait.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually im heading back in 2 days on 8/19 this time with even more riders than last time, like 7 or 8 this time i think. i was just reading online that there was another fatality there.

·
Registered
288 Posts
geist said:
actually im heading back in 2 days on 8/19 this time with even more riders than last time, like 7 or 8 this time i think. i was just reading online that there was another fatality there.
Dude that is awesome...i'm thinkin of goin up immediately after labor day weekend so as to let some of the tourists leave....Were there a lot of bikes out there? and is it safe with a lot of bikers bein there...anyhow, tell me more about some the roads I defintely have to hit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well once again im back from the trip and came back all in one piece. im wore the hell out. had a blast as usual. was wet when we first got there. 7 of us total. but it got super hot and eventually dried out almost completely. started off slow and got faster and faster. wasnt even remotely close to keeping up with the guys i went with but i did get good comments about being smooth and taking good lines even though i went slow. was practicing moving around on seat and in a couple turns felt like my knee was pretty close to touching but could only do it comfortable on my left side.

·
Registered
525 Posts
drmnlateef said:
Dude that is awesome...i'm thinkin of goin up immediately after labor day weekend so as to let some of the tourists leave....Were there a lot of bikes out there? and is it safe with a lot of bikers bein there...anyhow, tell me more about some the roads I defintely have to hit.
What day will you be there? I'm going ot be there Tuesday the 6th. Maybe we can hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be heading to the gap the first part of Sep too! The wife and I have about 13 days off and will be doing the whole region pretty thoroughly. Deal's, Cherohala, BRP among others. Hope to see y'all there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts