Sport Bikes banner

161 - 180 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think ya'll are being way too critical of its bodystyle. I think everyone will agree the wings are dorky, but it's very unlikely they would stay for the street version. (Actually "almost impossible" because they go where the mirrors are supposed to.)

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I think ya'll are being way too critical of its bodystyle. I think everyone will agree the wings are dorky, but it's very unlikely they would stay for the street version. (Actually "almost impossible" because they go where the mirrors are supposed to.)
Didn't look at the tail fairing I see. The best part about the bike, is the dash.

Or when the bike gets tipped over, 3 major pieces are going to go crunch from the tank alone.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
This bike is looking less and less attractive to me the more I see of it. The engine is literally the only thing I still find interesting and I am more willing to see a fully naked version than a fully faired version. And some of you know how much I cosmetically hate the looks of naked bikes...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Here's what I can buy from Yamaha for under 7k

2015 Yamaha FZ-07- Naked Sportbike First Ride Review- Photos- Specs

add to that $1,500 in after market parts :banana

Lets see what kawi has to offer with its "ninja" :lgh2
I quit reading right after this;
" yet its crossplane 270-degree crank and uneven firing order provide one of best power deliveries of any middleweight on the market. "
IT IS A FOOKING TWIN!!!!!! The firing order is 1-2. That's all because that's all it's got. 1-2. All moto-journalists are stupid but this fool might raise the bar. I wonder if he is Nancy Pelosi's love child? Don't laugh, Fancy Nancy had quite a rack in her youth. Since the "bra" hadn't been invented yet now a days she is what we call a 'nipple dragger'.:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
the issue is fitting a spark plug and injector into a bore that is not more than 1". that's pert near impossible.
A couple a years ago I read an article about Boch working on replacing plugs with Lasers. Lasers are getting really small nowadays. The Japs are working it too;
Laser igniters could spell the end for the humble spark plug
Why not put the injector into the valve? It's right there already. It would be streatching the limnits of materials science but nothing wrong with that. Nanotube valves, anyone?:fixed

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I would imagine that the lense that the laser must pass thru would get soiled pretty quickly on the combustion side as combustion occurs. When this happens, the lense doesnt let the beam pass thru, rather it absorbs the energy made by the pulse of the laser, let alone the heat from combustion, and destroys itself. It would need a dedicated liquid cooling system at the very least. Would be very cool, but it would take a whole lot of engineering to make it cost effective over using regular spark plugs. Or they could simply pass that higher cost on to us.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If it is a physical lens. Weapons grade power levels use magnetic lenses. Then there is this;
Bussard EMC2 Fusion Project Publishes on Arxiv With Results Confirming Central Premise of Polywell Fusion

The Polywell Nuclear Reactor

There are no limits to what can be done. There are only limits to the mind that prevents ways to get something done from being created.
True.
But for an automobile? From my perspective and experience it wouldn't seem cost effective, considering what I'm currently working with here. My field happens to be lasers, and I work for the DoD in R & D. None of the applications we have in use here are viable in civilian applications, except burning holes thru the fool in the fast lane.
I've read their little article, and they're a long way off from actually having a working prototype, that was mostly hype. Sounds like they need investors.
Lasers generally don't react well to vibration, will take up space and power given the energy levels that would be effective at igniting the fuel mixture for sustained periods, absolutely hate heat, and are generally unreliable, far less so that plugs. Especially the type they mentioned. It's hard to beat a simple spark plug. But plasma, that's a whole other ball of wax.

161 - 180 of 283 Posts