Sport Bikes banner

201 - 220 of 283 Posts

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Well, if nothing else, we can all agree that Kawi is doing something no one else is doing. They're certainly thinking outside the box, which should be appreciated by all of us. And hopefully it'll inspire the other big Jap guns to put together more unique bikes, too.

And if I'm given the chance (like that would ever happen :lol) I'd ride it as long as they'd let me :D
Well, they could have done a 500/4 that made literbike (at least 3/4 liter) power and gotten a lot more excitement, at least from me. Who the fuck needs 300 HP? Who is going to pony-up 60 large?

Besides high speed timing assns, where are you going to be able to use this?

Just seems like a big exercise in futility. Just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Well, they could have done a 500/4 that made literbike (at least 3/4 liter) power and gotten a lot more excitement, at least from me. Who the fuck needs 300 HP? Who is going to pony-up 60 large?

Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.

Screw maybes. Kawasaki did. And that's what's important (and I'm not a Kawi guy in any way possible).

·
Registered
158 Posts
I doubt they built this bike with purchases from the average customer in mind.

It's an elite bike that will be sold as such.
Precisely. Much like the Veyron, this bike is the result of engineers seeing what they could do, to hell with the cost. For example, they sell the Veyron for $1.6 million and take a loss on every one. They just wanted to build something special.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, no interest from me. Moving on. Waiting for my insurance rates to go up yet AGAIN now.
why would that make your insurance go up? Did your insurance go up when they released the veyron? Did your health insurance go up when they came out with the quadruple bacon cheeseburger that all the fat people gobbled down? What about your house insurance, did it go up when someone built a house b***** than yours on the other side of town?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
He's sitting stupidly far back in the seat pretending to go 300 mph. I don't think it looks any less comfortable than an 1198

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I doubt they built this bike with purchases from the average customer in mind.

It's an elite bike that will be sold as such.
And in 5 years, it will be worth, and sold, for $20,000.

This bike had better have the absolute best electronics in the business. This is Moto GP power, and even the pros need their electronics.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
That's okay, that was from the guy who posted he also had no interest in it, then immediately thanked you for your interest in riding one.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

You'd prefer a 500 with litre bike power that costs more than a litre bike? Why not just buy the litre bike??

You're never going to get the lower class bikes up at upper class bike levels of power without being extremely cost prohibitive.

There is no market for it. There's a reason that they don't sell the I4 250s and 400s. They're too expensive for what you get.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Back in the '80s, Honda sold a turbo CX500 that didn't sell for an extreme price, IIRC. They didn't sell well back then because of the terrible turbo lag and overrun. But they still did sell.

I don't see why it couldn't be done today for a reasonable price.

Why build (buy) a 500 instead of a liter? The enviro whackos keep pushing and pushing. There are some that think that this is what we are going to be pushed into. If that's the case, then why not start exploring that possibility?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Back in the '80s, Honda sold a turbo CX500 that didn't sell for an extreme price, IIRC. They didn't sell well back then because of the terrible turbo lag and overrun. But they still did sell.

I don't see why it couldn't be done today for a reasonable price.

Why build (buy) a 500 instead of a liter? The enviro whackos keep pushing and pushing. There are some that think that this is what we are going to be pushed into. If that's the case, then why not start exploring that possibility?
47mpg from a 180hp, 1300cc bike...

http://i.imgur.com/Fj02jUi.jpg

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Bumped up to a 650 eventually. Still didn't sell, but I do remember the excitement surrounding them. They were cool. Surprising they took a lack luster touring bike v-twin motor and boosted it

Honda CX series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
417 Posts
Anyone else think this would have been better off as a concept?

That's basically what this is: an absurd amount of power, very sharp looks, and technologies that haven't been used.

There's no racing category for it so the only track you're going to see with it is track days, nobody can afford it so it will never be prolific, and taking it on the street seems like suicide because it's more powerful that a MotoGP bike without any of the suspension or brakes.

I'm curious to see the H2, but it's going to have to be a tremendous step down from the H2R for it to ever be worth a purchase.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
u
There's no racing category for it so the only track you're going to see with it is track days, nobody can afford it so it will never be prolific, and taking it on the street seems like suicide because it's more powerful that a MotoGP bike without any of the suspension or brakes.
There will only be a few of these sold in the entire world. And the only place you'll ever see it ridden is at a high publicized, promotional event. Definitely not in professional or amateur racing.

It's a show bike/collectors item. Nothing more. Nothing less.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
Probably just a shark fin so your fingers don't get caught in the chain if you wreck

Edit: Nevermind I see what you're looking at. Maybe for aerodynamics and bling?

201 - 220 of 283 Posts