Sport Bikes banner

181 - 200 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
They must be doing something right. They got me to come to this forum and look at a sportbike for the first time in years. I think it looks pretty sweet. I would like to see the actual version I can buy though. A new bike might actually be in my future.

Edit:
Looks like this forum must have crashed at some point as my posts and avatar are gone, but my username was still here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Air foils are cool and I bet a needed accessory at the speeds this thing will attain. Push me down and make me hug.
Looks like it has an attitude from the front -- Just try me!
By the way any specs on top speed yet? Hope it blast that stupid Electric bike.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
a lot more badass than what you are riding
Absolutely. So.....
I have no interest in bad ass. If I did, I would walk around wearing all the medals I got 40+ years ago killing people. I just want to ride down a country road on a nice (70 to 80 F) day and enjoy the interface with my machine.
100 Hp is enough for me. She handles well, hugs the curves, can accelerate quick enough to scoot through traffic. The top speed is faster then the Law likes and more then a man in his 60's needs to be going. So I love her. Lithe and pruuuty, my gyrl wears her tramp stamp with pride.You might not like her but that is your problem. I don't let others ride her anyway. :banana

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Here we go with people comparing motorcycle shapes and saying how they look like this or that. Wow that is new and original.

I am looking forward to seeing this bike on the track, it should do some impressive things.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Trellis frames are strong. They are not stiff, however. The strength in the trellis comes from it bending and not breaking. I get nervous because all that useless input from the frame flexing.
I suppose Duc pilots learn to like it. No data, just a WAG (Wild Assed Guess) but I bet that is why Rossi dropped Duc. Yamaha and Suzuki build ultra stiff racing frames. Their frames pass through input from the tires, brakes, suspension etc without adding to it. My one time wringing out a Duc, I quit at just under 100. It felt like parts were about to fall off.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
There are plenty of 300 to 500 hp Busas on the street now. I can't see the factory going after that market

Maybe the zx10 but I doubt that too. All they need is 200 hp to be top of the field and they don't have to go forced induction to hit that IMO

I'm betting a sc 600 or 750
The original H2 was a 750. Clue, maybe? Suzuki has had the 750 market cornered for the last couple of decades. Maybe Kawa wants to bite off a chunk. Honda and Yamaha didn't want to compete based on their release of 700 and 850 or so cc models. Motorcycles are a pretty small part of the Kawasaki business.
A lot of motorcycle sales are based on ego. For my brother and millions like him it isn't how you ride but how you look. Posers buy a LOT of motorcycles.
Bro is talking about trading his Bandit 1250 for a Bolt. IMHO, that Bandit is a much better bike. But the Bolt is kewl. :cereal

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing this bike on the track, it should do some impressive things.
Like crash.

I thinking we will see some impressive crashes.

You would need a huge track with lots of straights to even begin to use 300 hp.

This is definitely a halo model for kawi and a big swinging dick for anyone who buys it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Well, no interest from me. Moving on. Waiting for my insurance rates to go up yet AGAIN now.

·
Super Moderator
18,631 Posts
Well, if nothing else, we can all agree that Kawi is doing something no one else is doing. They're certainly thinking outside the box, which should be appreciated by all of us. And hopefully it'll inspire the other big Jap guns to put together more unique bikes, too.

And if I'm given the chance (like that would ever happen :lol) I'd ride it as long as they'd let me :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wonder who will be the first kid on the block to get one of the H2 street versions coming out? Suppose to be at next event --The H2R will be a track special, with its H2 roadgoing brother to be revealed at EICMA in November

181 - 200 of 283 Posts