Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm needing to buy a set of the ram air ducts for my 02 gsx-r 600. and i was wandering if anyone had heard of these "Superbike Ram Air Ducts" that i saw on ebay (link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSXR-600-750-1000-Superbike-Ram-Air-Ducts_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35597QQitemZ4565640950QQrdZ1)

they say they add horsepower, im not sure how. but i was wandering what yall think? should i go ahead and get these? they arent the color i want, but painting them wouldnt be hard if they actually do add horsepower.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
The straight through ram air ducts will add a little horsepower. But they make tuning difficult, because the stock ducts with the expansion / baffle chambers help to equalize and normalize the ammout of air going into the sealed air box.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, well thanks. ill just get the stock ones, seems easier. and this bikes got plenty of power anyway.

by the way, will it hurt the engine at all to run it without these on? just air going straight into the frame holes? cause i want to keep riding it but not mess it up.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it will probably run a little rich on the top end, but it should be alright

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
All they are is for racing , pretty much a cheaper setup than the stockers and there fibreglass so they wont crack an easy . I probably wouldnt recomend them for street use , since they have no water drain .

BTW the baffles in the stockers are for two main reasons , one to quit the bike down a little and they have a hole in the bottom for water to drain while riding in the rain .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts