Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am going to be taking my 04 CBR1000RR on a 2200 mile trip in July. I live in NorCal and will be heading down to Bryce Canyon, UT by way of Death Valley, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon. ON the way back, I will weave my way thru Southern/Central California to make it to Laguna Seca for the WSBK event, July 8.

Aside from the usual fluids, brake checks, etc on the bike, do you all have any advice? Any essential items? Points of interest to hit on the way?

I am also going to doing this trip by myself, so I need to make sure that I have everything covered.

·
Slow guy
23 Posts
Tires wear out fast on a trip like this, especially if you have more sport oriented rubber. Make sure they will make the trip and estimate on the low side. Putting on new rubber while on the road is expensive and time-consuming. You'll need a tire repair kit and a pump or CO2 inflation kit.

July is a very hot time to travel in those areas. The biggest problem will be dehydration for you. Drink a lot, and do it BEFORE you get thirsty. Do more of your riding early and then late in the day.

Don't forget about area 51 if you're into UFO stuff and have the time. You won't see much, but you can stop at the Alien Inn for a quick lunch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts