Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took an extended lunch today and went for a ride in the mountains. Took Highway 24 from Colorado Springs to Woodland Park and then Highway 67 to Deckers.
Some nice twisty bits and it takes you through part of the Hayman fire area from 2002.
As the aspens are now starting to change there were some wonderful colors.....but the Hayman fire devastation is just depressing.
My visor became a bug magnet on this 2.5 hour ride :)
The worse bit was that after about 50 minutes in my right hand was totally numb. I don't know if was caused by griping the bar too tightly but it coincided with the twisty downhill section on Hwy 67. On the way back it wasn't a problem.
Anyway, it was a great ride and I really recommend hitting the mountains in the next week or two to really see the fall colors.

Dave

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Liar.

Were are the pics.
Without pics... You have no proof.:eatpop

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Metalrat,
Sorry, no pics.
As an englishman and a gentleman, you'll have to take my word on it that this happened. Why make it up?
It was probably the most fun I've had with the FZ6 as my daily commute (which has covered about 9,500 of the 10,100 miles I've riden) is nearly all straight roads.
Ride safe,
Dave

·
Registered
807 Posts
I can vouch for Davec, at least about the bugs, twisties on 24 and 67, and the aspens :) The burned areas suck too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts