Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my last week here at home is coming and I wanna ride. Is anyone interested in riding around kettle or even as far as spring green this sunday?

Im also off work for the entire week so any weekday I can ride as well ride :beer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I might come out next week, but I have to be honest, I am a new rider, I'm slow as sh*t so I doubt you'd want me to come along :lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'd definitely be up for riding sunday, holy hill and kettle area, never been to spring green though. next week is my last week before going back to school also, so i need to squeeze in some riding.

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If nobody has interest with Spring Green, I will just stick around here. I just remember that madison rider talking about fresh pea gravel out that way. Plus S.G. is about an 1.5 hour ride just to get there so its an all day event.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I plan to get my bike together saturday. It may not look pretty, but hopefully it will be rideable by sat night. pea gravel is not my favorite surface to ride on though. i will update, if you're not afraid to ride with me that is...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
netboog said:
Well my last week here at home is coming and I wanna ride. Is anyone interested in riding around kettle or even as far as spring green this sunday?
Just let me know what's going on and what time you're thinking. Depending on the pea gravel stories I would love to ride to Spring Green. Otherwise I definately want to get together and ride on Sunday. The earlier the better because I've got plans Sunday night riding the :fiddy

So, tell me where you want to meet and at what time...

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are some guys from MSB going on a ride Sun. Meeting in Lone Rock at 11:30. I will be atending, and all are welcome.

I did a 11 hour ride last Sat. and never put the tires on pea gravel once, just gotta know the roads. If ya come on a MSB ride , well make sure you get the good twisties!

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
stewr01 said:
There are some guys from MSB going on a ride Sun. Meeting in Lone Rock at 11:30. I will be atending, and all are welcome.

I did a 11 hour ride last Sat. and never put the tires on pea gravel once, just gotta know the roads. If ya come on a MSB ride , well make sure you get the good twisties!

Do you have a link to a thread or can you post complete details on this ride???

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I am still waiting for a call from moses but it looks like I am going for the madison ride. . .They are all meeting at 1130 at Lone Rock which is 30 minutes west of mad town. However if someone is coming with me we can meet at Hwy G off 94 at the park and ride there at 9 to head out to a place called EVP coffee to meet up with a madison rider at 1030 who will take us to Lone Rock at 11. We will most likely be back by dark if not I am breaking off to make it home by dark. Heres a map to EVP coffee which is attached. . .

Should be a awesome ride and a change of scenery. . .So BigRoss, Moses, or anyone else get yourself out to HWY G at 9 for a full day of riding.

"As far as the route, look at a map of Wisconsin. Anything south & west of I90, east of the Mississippi, north of Hwy14 is probable. If I have a voice in it, I'll vote for a bunch of twisty county roads leading to **** Valley (for a late lunch) and the same thing back. Lots of Amish horse poop.h: What could be better? "

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
well the superchicken's ready to pound the pavement in street fighter mode, but I can't find the damn key!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
well, found my key in my crash pants and took it out for a test ride. I may be up for this ride. My buddy tanner might be up for it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I'll see you guys in the morning!

·
Registered
586 Posts
hey it's 3:30, just getting home, don't think I'll be up for a long ride tomorrow. I'm just gonna stay local this time. If anyone's up for riding local starting around noon, lemme know. :]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks to those who showed...nothing like a super serving of Alphabet soup to warm the soul...

lots of miles...350 ish and I was local! the Milwaukee boys were hard core...pushing 500 !!

Good roads...just one gravelly road all day. The eastern Iowa county roads are clearing up finally. We went well NW of them...up near stoddard, **** valley...etc...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
dirkmc3 said:
Thanks to those who showed...nothing like a super serving of Alphabet soup to warm the soul...

lots of miles...350 ish and I was local! the Milwaukee boys were hard core...pushing 500 !!

Good roads...just one gravelly road all day. The eastern Iowa county roads are clearing up finally. We went well NW of them...up near stoddard, **** valley...etc...
Thanks for the awesome route, dirk...had a blast yesterday! There was a point yesterday I found myself thinking that those roads were better than the roads I was on in Kentucky this past May.

It blew my mind to see that WI has a ski jump. I had to slow down when we passed the park and the jump just to take it all in.

I finished the day off with 426 miles...Adam was around 450.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts