·
Registered
233 Posts
That's awesome!! :cheers

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Very cool! Great pic!!

The way I do mine is second gear, stand on my pegs (if your doing a stand up) and just twist the shit out of the throttle..(I'm also geared correctly to do it -1 +2 or 15/65) I'm at about 60 mph, let up, do a little hop, then give it... works everytime..:)

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
japbike said:
Very cool! Great pic!!

The way I do mine is second gear, stand on my pegs (if your doing a stand up) and just twist the shit out of the throttle..(I'm also geared correctly to do it -1 +2 or 15/65) I'm at about 60 mph, let up, do a little hop, then give it... works everytime..:)
65 teeth!?!??!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Would you say its easier to do 1st gear wheelies or 2nd gear on the R6?

I only tried clutchin it once and that wasn't on my bike. Was on someone elses' GSXR.

On my R6 I can bring it up a little but not enough to even say a wheelie. I'm working on 1st gear right now. I'm trying the whole bounce thing. It aint workin for me though. I have about zero upper body strength.

I really need to find a good damper.

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
EndoChic said:

I only tried clutchin it once and that wasn't on my bike. Was on someone elses' GSXR.

On my R6 I can bring it up a little but not enough to even say a wheelie. I'm working on 1st gear right now. I'm trying the whole bounce thing. It aint workin for me though. I have about zero upper body strength.

Honestly... I would skip the 1st gear wheelies. Useless and pointless and less safe.

And I never needed a steering damper - just always know where the wheel is pointed.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
EndoChic said:

I have a Scotts damper on my bike and I love that thing.The 600 RR likes to shake it's head when you get on it hard,but not any more.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Don't clutch up. Unless you really wanna know what it's like to scrap your back on the ground..:D I've done it, wasn't fun...

You can do it in 2nd.. I do it just fine..

oh and NO! Me stoopid. I have 15/45 NOT 65! HA! HA! I can't type on the bf's laptop...:lol

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
japbike said:
Don't clutch up. Unless you really wanna know what it's like to scrap your back on the ground..:D I've done it, wasn't fun...

You can do it in 2nd.. I do it just fine..

oh and NO! Me stoopid. I have 15/45 NOT 65! HA! HA! I can't type on the bf's laptop...:lol
Well silly... The clutch actually needs a little finesse. :D

(Not the shampoo)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts