Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't contributed prior and a few moments ago was my first access of the "Members Only" forum. I have to say my actual response was, "um, ok...what the?" I guess I don't get it.

I don't understand the purpose of those forums. Having a set of identical forums that only some users can see doesn't serve as a "benefit to membership" to me. Having some conversational board that only members can see makes more sense than having a duplicate "General Sportbikes", etc. People would be foolish to post messages that only a small subset can view. Maybe my interpretation of the duplicate forums is errored. However, in an effort to think of "bonus features" that would drive people towards wanting to be contributing members I came up with a few ideas instead of the current duplicate forum scenario.

These were my thoughts...

Contributing members have more forum-enabled features, period. How tight this is nailed down is variable. Maybe contributing members can edit posts, whereas non-contributing cannot. Maybe contributing members can customize their profiles in areas non-contributing cannot; such as the ability to configure an avatar, or a custom title, etc. Perhaps, contributing members can attach files to posts, whereas non-contributing have to use an external host to post pictures and rely on the tag.

These are just a few brainstorming items. The gist of it is you want the contributing members to have more features, more flexibility, in possession of [b]something[/b] the non-contributing members want - so that they have the desire to contribute to gain access to those features.

Access to duplicate/redundant forums...doesn't do diddly for me.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
its work in progress

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd also like to suggest contributors receive complimentary SBN decals should more ever be produced ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts