Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a reputable seller I can buy some lower fairings for my 2000 ninja zx-6R from? Someone I can buy from IN PERSON, with a handshake and all? Preferably USED fairings... I don't care about color or scratches really. Is there anywhere I can go to look at prices?? Anyone with a good reputation?

·
Registered
266 Posts
over at milwaukee cycle salvage they have fairings. not sure if they have what ur looking for, but give them a call. most of em are just primed and the prices seemed reasonable last time i was there

·
Registered
324 Posts
You could try Cycle Empire. Many years ago Empire had tons of older bikes in the back but not sure if they cleaned them out or if they still have them.

Cycle Empire is just north of 894 on Loomis Rd.

Milw. Cycle Salvage may be better, plus they are hooked up to other cycle salvage places and can do a search for you.

Milw. Cycle Salvage is just north of Silver Spring on Teitonia I believe.

Good luck.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
There is a place in Canada called OPP Racing that sells carbon bodywork at a very reasonable price... but if Arty is going to paint it, that seems like a bit of a waste.

I have dealt with KneeDraggers.com before. Though you could not do business in person, you could get some fiberglass Sharkskinz race lowers for a very reasonable price.

Just a couple of other options... If you're set on doing business in person, you're pretty much stuck with Mke Cycle Salvage.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought some stuff from opp racing before. Nice people and prompt to reply to my questions. They do sell fiberglass bodywork as well. (for my bike anyway :))

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to call around tomorrow to all these places, so thanks all for your suggestions! No, Arti isn't going to paint it, I have someone else that is going to paint it. I know he's busy and I don't want to bother him. For now I'm having it primed a flat black. When I get the money I am going to have the bike painted pink!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i'm looking at buying a older 96 or so zx6 for a track bike. i doubt the fairings will work, but I'll have a few extra sets to check with.

but i'm not going to be buying it for a couple of monts yet. so, once more, i'm no help ;)

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Jaime~
If you conduct business with an actual business on line you shouldn't have any problems. It's the individuals on forums that you don't frequent you need to worry about. I bought some fairings from Rogue6 and had a very pleasant shopping experience, but then again I "know" him from this forum. There are other people here I would have no problems buying from as well. but then again that's because I spend a lot of time here and "know" the people I am dealing with.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
mattg said:
i'm looking at buying a older 96 or so zx6 for a track bike.
You are?! Sweet!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts