Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, y'all. The chop is, well, done for now; until I decide to change it again. I don't know what else to do to it, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

At any rate, the bike needs a seat. I've got something in mind, but I'm struggling to convince myself. I've got three different seat styles I'm mulling over and I just can't decide which would look the best.

SO... attached are two pictures, one of the bike and one of the bike and builder (me). Look it over good and, if you wouldn't mind, let me know what type of seat you'd envision. Low, high, sprung, unsprung, foam seat, no foam but chromed seat pan, steel plate sitting on the frame, narrow, wide, long, short, etc. I've convinced myself that the seat will make or break this bike. Thanks in advance -

Attachments

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Damn, where's Solly and the Godfather when a guy needs 'em?

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
anytime I mess with anything rigid, you need something semi-comfortable for a seat. Unless you like your spine exiting your ass.

I would do the foam with a spring set up.

I just did one out of something like that tempur-pedic type soft foam.

I am sure if you can build that bike you know how to make a seat. Just do some fancy stitch work in the leather. Maybe some embroidery work?

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're on the same page, Hybrid. Initially I was leaning more toward something wedged into the frame and the fender and built up with good foam (LePara-Bone-Shaker type thing). I made a seat pan to expand on the idea, but when I mocked it up with some old car seat foam I just felt lukewarm about it after it was sitting on the bike. I've been looking for a sprung-solo, but haven't found one that really lights my fire. They're all just sort of plain-jane. Embroidery is a good idea... hadn't thought of that. Hell, I even know a terrific seamstress who could do the work. Hmmm... perhaps I could make a springer to my liking and have some cool stitch work done...

Other thoughts? Anyone? Alaska Cajun? KH? Where are you guys?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I would use the old pan head seat. The one with the springs in the rear.

·
Registered
833 Posts
No comment about the seat. The bike looks good so far so I'm sure you'll make the right decison.

Just wanted to say that I"m not a chopper fan because they all kinda look alike to me but this one's pretty cool in my book.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
that bike is awesome dude!

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
I would say go pogo but since it will not fit your frame then a sprung solo would be what I would use. obw that is one very nice bike. Being a non-hd makes it even more special. I really liked this bike from the build off.

Attachments

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all. BP, that's kinda-sorta what I'm leaning toward, but I want something a bit b*****. The seat that HD has is very, very small... much like the seat on a mtn. bike (I've seen them at swap meets, etc). Not real good for those of us who weigh more than 175 lbs :lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
BY the looks of it whether the seat is a rubber chicken or a couch pillow your still going to feel every bump.

·
Registered
85 Posts
nice chop man! Im diggin the triumph, a double sprung old skool saddle would go nice on it, but there getting put on everything nowadays. BBC has a foam seat on one of there it's called the merc. something like that might look good too. i'd say it's your call man do what you like. you got a good old skool chop goin on there. Good work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts