Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a 1989 Honda CBR Hurricane for a while now, and since my brother is interested in riding, I'm considering moving up and selling him my bike. My two picks are either a Honda F4i, or a GSX-R 600. I'm thinking 2002-2003 for either. I'm 6'4 and over 200lbs (not fat), and while I do fit on the CBR I currently own, it is a little cramped. I hear the F4i is pretty ergonomic for a larger rider. My ultimate pick is a blue/white 2002 GSXR600, but having never sat on one, how are they for a larger rider? I don't want to look like an ogre riding these things.

·
Man in the boat
228 Posts
Not bad choices man...Good starter bike and great transition bikes...

Im 6'3" 225 and I know all about 600s and being cramped!

Ill be moving to a litre bike this summer...I look like Grape-Ape riding my ZX-6...You should try the Gixxer 750s...Good power and they feel more comfy to me. I have a buddy with a Gixxer 600 and one with a 750. The 750 is more comfy and has like 30 more ponies...

Just my 2 though!

·
Registered
56 Posts
What kind of riding do you do the most of? Trackdays, street, drag? Sit on some other bikes and get a feel for riding position etc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welp, if you are 6'4" and over 200, you don't want anything to do with the gsxr 600. You will be hurting like a mofo after every ride. The ergos are not "big person" friendly. I would suggest a gsxr 750. It's a little b*****, but not much. Hell, I would take a long hard look at what exactly it is you want out of a bike, and just use a kind of "process of elimination" to find out which bike will best suit your needs.

Just my $.02 though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
How about a FZR600?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You will feel cramped on any Gixxer, or any new supersport. If you want a 600 I would suggest a 2000-2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R or a Yamaha YZF600R. They are the roomiest. F4i isn't bad either but it's smaller in comparison. If you like to ride twisties especially I would stick with a 6.

·
Registered
457 Posts
GSXRGUY said:
Welp, if you are 6'4" and over 200, you don't want anything to do with the gsxr 600. You will be hurting like a mofo after every ride. The ergos are not "big person" friendly. I would suggest a gsxr 750. It's a little b*****, but not much. Hell, I would take a long hard look at what exactly it is you want out of a bike, and just use a kind of "process of elimination" to find out which bike will best suit your needs.

Just my $.02 though.

Good luck.

er what?

you call youself a gixxer owner?

the gixxer 600/750/1000 is the same exact size..

to the original poster.. i am 6'3 245... the gixxer is great for me.. the wide tank gives me more room for my legs unlike the newer supersports.. long hands work well with reaching the controls also

·
Registered
457 Posts
nig said:
You will feel cramped on any Gixxer, or any new supersport. If you want a 600 I would suggest a 2000-2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R or a Yamaha YZF600R. They are the roomiest. F4i isn't bad either but it's smaller in comparison. If you like to ride twisties especially I would stick with a 6.
I have no problems on my 02 Gixxer 600..

my cousins' R6 feels cramped
other cousins' 600RR feels cramped
my friends 02 zx-6r is comfortable feels alittle wierd with the upright seating position.. feels like riding a cuiser.. it is mighty comfortable though

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Being prejudiced, I say look at a YZF600R. Even an Interceptor. Face it, since you are going to be a street rider, all the latest/greatest/fastest isn't going to really matter. The Cat and Interceptor are more than fast enough for the street, and simply blow the wooden plank seats off the SS bikes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Some of the nakeds run great on the street and are comfortable for the tall rider. I like the Triumph SpeedFour. My favorite of the 600's. Not the best one on the track, but awesome on the back roads. Love it or hate it looks. (love it) I always like to see the engine etc.. Old guy I guess. The 600 supersports are all nice though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts