Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the loss of the DB, I posted the dramas of my GF trying to learn to ride her Ninja 250 on the streets of DC. Well that was a couple weeks ago and today we went on another ride....

...We got up about 7:30 this morning and she decided she wanted to ride on the George Washington Parkway and then come back on the other side of the river, loop back on 395 and back into Arlington. This was a MAJOR step from before when she was really scared with the more busy streets and having trouble shifting properly at stoplights in traffic.

I let her lead so I would take the heat from the cars tailgating and she could set the pace. I don't know what happened in the last 2 weeks but it was like a 500% improvement. She kept pace with traffic (if not faster) and didn't stall once. Her cornering has improved greatly and she handled a car pulling in front of her (MSF). We managed a sandy corner without problems and she also led almost the whole time - even when neither of us knew were we were going and got lost a few times on the back roads.

So all in all, I'm so happy that I can ride with my Girlfriend and she's like an actual riding buddy instead of someone who is just starting to learn. It's great. I'm hoping she'll want a VFR in a couple years so I can get her to go on road trips with me.

That's the latest. I'm pumped.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Great to hear your girl is now sharing the joys of riding with you, sounds like a great trip yall took.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
That's so cool. Good for her, and you for not loosing your temper with helping her learn to ride. To many guy friends of mine get testy with their gf's and make them so nervous, that they just give it up all together. Congrats to her! We need more women riders! :)

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
That's cool.... i am jealous.... I want a girl that can ride with me...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I cant wait till I get my wife her own bike !!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sweet man, real sweet. George Washington Parkway in the morning is like a postcard. I can see it now!! :)

The more she rides, the more confidence and safer she will be. So, you all ride at every chance!! :)

Be safe,

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's great, sounds like she's progressing nicely. Just don't let her get in over her head....bad things can happen when you THINK you are better than you actually are.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats to you and your GF. With you behind her, she can concentrate more on those things in front of her. Did a lot of the same when my wife was learning.

Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Love the VFR. Now if the weather clears up long enough to get some good riding in, that would be great.

Peace

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Congrats to your girl. It was great you let her lead instead of you setting a pace she did not feel good with. Tell her to keep up the great work on her riding.

·
Banned
730 Posts
japbike said:
That's so cool. Good for her, and you for not loosing your temper with helping her learn to ride. To many guy friends of mine get testy with their gf's and make them so nervous, that they just give it up all together. Congrats to her! We need more women riders! :)
Too true. When I was teaching my GF (now wife) to drive stick it was much easier to get results while being nice than an ass. She finally asked me what "that screeching noise" was everytime we took off. I told her she kept burning the tires off after she popped the clutch. :D She thought I was such a saint since we'd just spent $500. on them. Hell, I thought it was cool because I'm a closet gearhead. :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
I need a girl that rides. Mayb it would add to my average (under three week) relationship time because she would accually se me.

oh yeah.......I'm still in the Navy that won't work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts