Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
wēk sôs
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many people on here owns and drive one?

if i can get this deal through im going to buy an 05 sti with 23000miles.

for $21,000

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
I've got a 03 WRX. Best car I've ever had.

·
Registered
560 Posts
01 2.5RS...Love it...

Planned on swapping motor/tranny/brakes/suspension into my car from an STi but I bought the bike... So I plan on doing the swap next summer possibly...

As long as the car is clean and don;t need any work, do it!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
ya they can but remember the more you play the more you pay . the dirt will break shit in a hurry if it finds any weak spots but track days are a blast thats where i got to test drive my buddies

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
The gas mileage of an STI isn't that great. 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway. Sweet car though... I'd rather have 8 cylinders pulling me down the road though at that gas mileage.

The late model LS1 camaro with 325 horse power gets around the same gas mileage, or a little better. It doesn't handle as well, but you can't beat the sound of a V8.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
What do you guys think of the Mazda-3-speed turbo. Similar performance but less money?

I like the looks of both.
Sweet cars, I have a Protege5 and I love it. Obviously not turbo, but a good friend of mine recently drove it and said it was one of the most fun cars he's driven in a while (barring the S2000 I used to have).

Go drive one... they are fun. Handling is pretty darn good. A little bump steer here and there, and at least in my case I experience a small degree of torque steer but I can live with that. Especially when I'm blasting around cars on the 2-lane highway on-ramps like they aren't moving.

Here's a pic of my P5, I like the Speed 3 so much better when it comes to looks.

Attachments

·
Evil Bastard
303 Posts
you mean the mazdaspeed 3, unless there IS a 3-speed manual for a current mazda.

they torque steer, but if that's no issue, then they are quick little cars.

the 05 STI is a nice car. it was probably beat on incessantly throughout the 23k miles, but it's quick and it can take a beating. I'd avoid a regularly tracked or worse, auto-x car. Taking it to the track is bad enough, but auto-x is just hell on a vehicle since you're basically spending a whole day bouncing the rev limiter for 40 seconds at a time.

don't get it if you can't afford the gas or maintenance.

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
yes you can:

Ducati v-twin
Subaru boxer motor
and most 600cc+ sportbikes with a good exhaust on them (not yoshimura).
WRONG!

600CC+ I4 bikes sound like garbage (I own one, so I'm not hatin')
Subaru boxer motors do sound cool
Ducati's sound sweet too

Still nothing beats a V8 in the sound department IMO. Well maybe an old British bike.

·
wēk sôs
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WRONG!

600CC+ I4 bikes sound like garbage (I own one, so I'm not hatin')
Subaru boxer motors do sound cool
Ducati's sound sweet too

Still nothing beats a V8 in the sound department IMO. Well maybe an old British bike.
a v-6 turbo charged gnx sounds better than a allmotor v-8(even if it has a cam), but a turbocharged v-8 sounds better than a gnx, haha

·
Registered
991 Posts
mileage depends on the driver and what the car was used for. I have an 01 saturn with 193k and it runs like a champ. Also have an 05 F-150 that runs strong. 95% is highway miles and for the most part all I did was regular maintenance (saturn is a 5 speed so there has been a clutch replacement) As long as the subi wasn't owned by a young ricer than I would say go with it..... but I don't have a clue on the values of the subis.

·
Registered
655 Posts
mileage?
I got around 22-24 mpg in mine, it's geared super low, 3rd gear winds out at like 78 mph, it's built for torque. But it has a whiplash like launch, the awd in the sti is badass.
The sti's are known to need new turbo's every 80k, or at least a rebuild, but that's any turbo on any vehicle really, at 80k they start to get sloppy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts