Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i saw this thread in the zx6r forum and didn't see it here (for all i know). Just anything stupid or funny people have said to you relating to bikes. For me it's "your headlight is out" and one guy saw me wearing my full leathers and said "dude, it's not even that cold out." :facepalm looking forward to some good responses!

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
You would not believe the number of guys that "used to have the same bike back in the day" referring to my cafe, which was built out of a bike built in 1996, has a completely custom frame, and a fork off a brand new Ninja, and a tank off of something else entirely.

Umm, yeah dude. I'm real excited about that turbo kit you put on it back then too.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
"why didn't you get a gixxer?"

Not too exciting I know. People don't really say anything.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Its usually "what is it? I didnt know they still made triumphs" but once in a while its "nice ducati". And of course how fast does it go, how big is the engine, and arent you cold/hot/wet

·
Registered
619 Posts
My most common are "How fast have you had it?, What's the longest wheelie? ect. The best is (since I'm a tad older than most :facepalm )"I wouldn't have thought someone like you would ride something like that" "You look more like a cruiser guy"

·
Registered
250 Posts
My KTM's- I used to hear(in the early days of them over here) Who makes that?Kawasaki?

My RZ's- Man,your rings are gone bad in that. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
When I had an RC51 I heard a lot of "your headlight is out." Now it's "Is that a BMW?" when referring to my Concours 14, and "Is that new?" when I'm on my CB1100.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I avoid talking about motorcycles with anyone I don't know, even on the rare occassions I go to a bike night or open house. Too much bs. I get a lot of comments, I usually shrug it off, praise or questions. Its worse than politics or religion at times.

I save all my bs for you bitches :)

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Its why I miss my ugly streetfighter 650r. No one thought it looked coo l, very few questions and comments, and no worries about theft or touchy touchy lookie types.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Something I think everyone here has experienced in some form or another.

Them: What kind of bike to you have?
Me: A ninja 500. It's an entry level sports bike blah blah blah...
Them: Oh a crotch rocket.
But it's a NINJA! It must be fast! *sigh*

I had something similar when I got my 500 for my first bike. Family member told my mom the only reason people buy a Ninja is to speed and go really really fast. (I don't really speed on the street).

Hopefully they never realize what my 675 is capable of...

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
I avoid talking about motorcycles with anyone I don't know, even on the rare occassions I go to a bike night or open house. Too much bs. I get a lot of comments, I usually shrug it off, praise or questions. Its worse than politics or religion at times.
I agree. I work a couple days a week at a parts store, and usually park my bike on the sidewalk out front. It's gotten to the point where if someone asks me if that's my bike I tell them no. Sometimes I'll tell them it belongs to my manager, who is a woman you'd never expect to be on a bike, especially something custom. They usually get kinda confused and she gets a good laugh out of it, while I get to avoid the annoying conversations about how ridiculously fast their 1989 GSXR was back before they scared themselves away from bikes.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Eating lunch at a fish taco joint, helmet on the table. Dude and his girl comes up and he asks me:

:eek:mg Dude is that your bike out there?
:cereal Yeah it is.
:eek:mg That's awesome looks clean. What is it?
:cereal It's an SV650s. Nothing special. Thank you though.
:eek:mg Cool....cool. What's it got a 600cc motor?
:cereal No, 645cc.
:eek:mg FUR REALS?!?!?!? THEY MAKE THOSE NOW?!?!? NO WAI!
:cereal ......ya.

I didn't really have the heart to break it to him that it's a girls bike and a twin but he seemed blown away by the extra 45cc and he was with what I surmise was his girl so I just let it be. Most of the time I just get asked what it is and comments on how clean it is which are always welcome. But that encounter made me laugh.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Eating lunch at a fish taco joint, helmet on the table. Dude and his girl comes up and he asks me:

:eek:mg Dude is that your bike out there?
:cereal Yeah it is.
:eek:mg That's awesome looks clean. What is it?
:cereal It's an SV650s. Nothing special. Thank you though.
:eek:mg Cool....cool. What's it got a 600cc motor?
:cereal No, 645cc.
:eek:mg FUR REALS?!?!?!? THEY MAKE THOSE NOW?!?!? NO WAI!
:cereal ......ya.

I didn't really have the heart to break it to him that it's a girls bike and a twin but he seemed blown away by the extra 45cc and he was with what I surmise was his girl so I just let it be. Most of the time I just get asked what it is and comments on how clean it is which are always welcome. But that encounter made me laugh.
I start flirting with their girlfriends at moments like that. You'd be amazed at how receiving girls and women can be right in front of their men.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts