Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I have what I'm sure is a stupid question regarding the fit of textile or mesh armored pants.

I ordered a pair of overpants and ended up returning them due to the fact they were so long. The knee pads hung below my knees and when I sat on the bike I had to pull the legs up some to get the pads over my knees. I'm a 32 length and the pants came as a 34. I can't go smaller as the waist would be to small. The real issue was the knee pads. (They didn't adjust) I guess my question is......what kind of fit do the rest of you go for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I have this problem with my JR Phoenix mesh pants. They are too long, so I am thinking of ordering the XL in a short size. I never have a problem with the length of pants, except for these.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts

·
Diver Down
812 Posts
The waistline on the pants I have, are made to be worn much higher than regular pants. If you are trying to wear them at your waist like normal pants they will be too long. Stupid question back, are you trying to wear them low on your waste as you would with a pair of jeans?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The waistline on the pants I have, are made to be worn much higher than regular pants. If you are trying to wear them at your waist like normal pants they will be too long. Stupid question back, are you trying to wear them low on your waste as you would with a pair of jeans?
No, I had them on where they were made to wear, higher than normal pants.

When you wear yours while standing does the armor cover your knees or does it hang below? The pants I tried would have protected me ON the bike, however if I had been thrown from the bike the top of the knee armor would have been just below my knees. Is this normal for this type of pants or should the armor protect you while on or off the bike?

For reference I was looking at Scorpion's Deuce pants. I have their Stinger and Cool-Rod jackets which I REALLY like. They just don't have a selection of pants.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the opposite problem. I have 2 sets of mesh pants, one men's JR Phoenix and a women's River Road Mohave. The knee protectors are too high in both pairs. I even extended the pocket in the JR pants.

·
Diver Down
812 Posts
No, I had them on where they were made to wear, higher than normal pants.

When you wear yours while standing does the armor cover your knees or does it hang below? The pants I tried would have protected me ON the bike, however if I had been thrown from the bike the top of the knee armor would have been just below my knees. Is this normal for this type of pants or should the armor protect you while on or off the bike?
I have JR Alter Ego pants and the knee protectors are in place both standing, and sitting on the bike. The armoring should be protective in any position. If your knee protectors are only in place in one position, but not the other, then I'd look for a different pair of pants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts