Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first Versys 650, a lightly used 2010, last year, around August, I think.. Earlier this year, March 30 I went and bought a new '14 Versys 650 and sold the '10, I wanted the '14 because I had liked the '10 too much, but I wanted ABS brakes. I had been riding daily, in Mexico City, for the last 11 years by that point, so I was not a noob, but old enough to know I make mistakes...

Here I am, 6 months later, '14 Versys has 15,000 miles on the clock, AK-20 cartridges, Penske shock, SW-Motech luggage racks, some other farkles and no resale value whatsoever. Selling my '05 XT660R with 26,000 miles earlier this year was a PITA, everybody complained "it has too many miles!", for a 9 year old bike, avg of just 3,000 miles per year :spit

But this is coming up!

INTERMOT | Home

Exciting new bikes will be unveiled. I've always said that the Versys would be just pefect if it had a wee bit more power... Well, this is coming, and it should be about perfect:

Yamaha FJ-09 is Coming (even to the U.S.!) … And It Should Be A Big Hit « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Either way, when I got the '14 650 I was convinced I'd ride it 'till the wheels fell off, that's why on top of buying a new bike I farkled it and I've rode it without giving a damn about mileage.

I guess I'll have to do the same as this guy does:

How I Squash the New Car Bug | AllFinancialMatters

How do you deal with the new bike bug?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts