Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my girlfriend has a '01 ZX6R. She had it over at one of her friends house the other day. And i guess her friends boyfriend has a harley 1200 sportster. So as soon as she gets their he walks over and starts talking trash about how much faster his bike is because it is a 1200 and hers is "only" a 600.... and how he wants to race her and all this stuff, and i guess hes been talking to a bunch of other people also about it also and saying how much faster and better his bike is. so im guessing hes either really jelous that a girl has a motorcycle that is much faster than his, or hes just really dumb. either way, what an idiot...

anyways i dont know why i typed that, she just told me about it and i thought it was really funny.

John

·
Registered
318 Posts
have her race him, or you race him if she isn't comfortable doing it. he will shut up after the race is over with.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
paulF3 said:
have her race him, or you race him if she isn't comfortable doing it. he will shut up after the race is over with.
let her do it...then not only will he see how wrohg he is but he will have gotten his ass kicked by a girl!!! :twofinger (he sounds like the kind of guy that wouldn't like that!)

·
Registered
318 Posts
01 6r

Displacement: 599.00 ccm (36.55 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line 4
Stroke: 4
HP (kW): 111.00 (81.0) @ 12500
Torque - Nm (kgf-m / ft.lbs): 66.00 (6.7 / 48.7) @ 10000

1200 sportster (01)
Displacement: 1199.00 ccm (73.16 cubic inches)
Engine type: V2
HP (kW): 61.00 (44.5) @ 5500
Torque - Nm (kgf-m / ft.lbs): 96.00 (9.8 / 70.8) @ 3000

courtesy of www.bikez.com

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tell him to put up or shut up, race for cash, and lots of it.

I find this the BEST way to call someone's bluff. In this case, even if he DOES come up with the cash, he'll lose it as soon as he pulls it out of his pocket.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Let the woman race.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I have to side with Stang Man. I like to approach this type of scenario with the following dialog. Of course, the conversation doesn't always go as scripted as this example - but on rare occassions you get to enjoy all the neuances in full form.

Moron said:
My bike is faster and better than yours.
TheWraith said:
Oh yea? You sure about that?
Moron said:
TheWraith said:
Ya think so?
Moron said:
Absolutely.
TheWraith said:
Possitive?
Moron said:
Fuck yea!
TheWraith said:
Alright. I've got a $1,000 bucks that says you're wrong. How about this, I'm so sure I'll wager my title for yours.
Moron said:
TheWraith said:
So...you're not exactly too sure, then, are you? I mean, if you were sure you wouldn't even have to think about it, right?
Moron said:
I don't have that much.
TheWraith said:
Doesn't matter if you're sure. How about you call your bank and see how much you have saved up, come get me when you're ready and we'll set something up.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Classic. Absolute genius. I run into those sort of morons all the time in my Mustang. "Oh i have such and such at home I'll beat you so bad man" I tell em to bring it, and all the money they have, then the excuses come rolling out.

True story, happened just last night. 5 of my friends and I pile into the Avalanche to look for some racing action. Finding nothing, we head home, and some chump in a V6 Camaro does a fly-by and throws on the hazzards. Needless to say, we followed him for a good while and finally get beside him at a light. I stick my fist with a wad of cash in it out the window and go, "Hey, wanna run for some cash, we'll go get the cars." He goes, "Naw man I don't got no money, why don't you race me in the Avalanche?" I told him he was an idiot, its a daily driver with 6(!) people in it! We follow him home and make him pretty uncomfortable. We were cracking up that he didn't pull the packed Ave. from a roll.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I like to wager bets that are totally out of proportion to the value of what is being debated. It's entirely common for someone at work to say, "Man, product 'XYZ' sucks because it can't do '123'!.

Of course, I respond with, "You sure? Wanna bet?"

To which I get, "I'm positive, I'll take your bet."

TheWraith said:
Ok, $1,000 bucks...
To which I usually get, "What? No way!"

I find it incredibly amusing that people are sure of their opinions until it actual stands to cost them real cash money.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stang Man said:
Classic. Absolute genius. I run into those sort of morons all the time in my Mustang. "Oh i have such and such at home I'll beat you so bad man" I tell em to bring it, and all the money they have, then the excuses come rolling out.

True story, happened just last night. 5 of my friends and I pile into the Avalanche to look for some racing action. Finding nothing, we head home, and some chump in a V6 Camaro does a fly-by and throws on the hazzards. Needless to say, we followed him for a good while and finally get beside him at a light. I stick my fist with a wad of cash in it out the window and go, "Hey, wanna run for some cash, we'll go get the cars." He goes, "Naw man I don't got no money, why don't you race me in the Avalanche?" I told him he was an idiot, its a daily driver with 6(!) people in it! We follow him home and make him pretty uncomfortable. We were cracking up that he didn't pull the packed Ave. from a roll.

If i was him, I would have beat yours and your friends asses. Stupid little boys like you are the reason kids are having to wait till they are 18 now to drive. This probley isn't making much sense to you atm, but one day you'll grow up and understand. Hopfully before you kill yourself or somebody else.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Funny thing happened when I brought my bike to work the Wednesday. I wanted to show it off to a couple of the dudes in the shop that ride so I took them out to have a look. I have the new 04 RC and when I told my supervisor that it was a 1000CC V-Twin he said it was no big deal cause his Harley was b*****. Thats when I blipped the throttle real good and asked him if his sounded like that. End of conversation. :twofinger

Mike

·
Banned
245 Posts
its just like grade school

my moms a teacher

oh big deal, atleast mine doesn't sleep with her students.

or the kids who had to be number one, we all know jeff gordan is number 24.

people just on an ego trip

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
paulF3 said:
01 6r

Displacement: 599.00 ccm (36.55 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line 4
HP (kW): 111.00 (81.0) @ 12500[/url]
111hp, LOL. :alky

anyway, go race him yourself, stand it up in 2nd gear and wheelie right past him. should embarass him pretty good.

·
Changed bikes again
30 Posts
Sounds like a few kids I have to deal with when I have the Bird out. Not going to risk her for some idiot kid.

·
Registered
459 Posts
RACE RACE RACE!!! Take pics when the dude comes back.. if he comes back.. she might turn around to go back to the starting line to collect her cash, and he might just keep going.. to embarassed to come back.. race his ass!

·
Registered
765 Posts
TheWraith said:
I like to wager bets that are totally out of proportion to the value of what is being debated. It's entirely common for someone at work to say, "Man, product 'XYZ' sucks because it can't do '123'!.

Of course, I respond with, "You sure? Wanna bet?"

To which I get, "I'm positive, I'll take your bet."

To which I usually get, "What? No way!"

I find it incredibly amusing that people are sure of their opinions until it actual stands to cost them real cash money.

I agree. If they are SO sure their bike is faster, they'd bet a $1000 wether they had it or not. Thinking they just found a quick way to make a $1000 with nothing at risk.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts