Sport Bikes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bunch of maintenance lined up. chain adjustment, cleaning my airfilter, installing new sparkplugs, changing oil, and changing coolant.

My question is what type of 50/50 pre-mix should I use? I've been told prestone, all I know is that it can't have silicate in it, and it needs to be safe for our aluminum engines and cooling systems. You guys have any recommendations? I need cold weather protection so no water wetter, engine ice, etc ...

thanks in advance.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
what for, you live in florida?

water + water wetter for me. and it does get below freezing here.
I dunno maybe because it gets genuinly fucking cold here, I'm only 40 miles from GA. It has already hit 23 degrees here this season and pair that with 90% humidity and it's not fun, trust me, I know, I don't own a car.

EDIT: Also if you did some research you'd realize that stuff doesn't lubricate the cooling system components worth a hell.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
Chill out man, you always seem to have an 'online attitude' on all your posts.

I would say use any automotive non-silicate, non-nitrate 50/50. Its kind of like oil, everyone has their preferences on brands and whatnot but theyre all pretty much the same. And using distilled water is your choice, some people choose to while others dont.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chill out man, you always seem to have an 'online attitude' on all your posts.

I would say use any automotive non-silicate, non-nitrate 50/50. Its kind of like oil, everyone has their preferences on brands and whatnot but theyre all pretty much the same. And using distilled water is your choice, some people choose to while others dont.
I won't need to worry about water seeing as how I will be buying premixed.

I only have an attitude towards ignorant people, and people who express the same old BS I've heard a thousand times and swear up and down they are right without ever questioning themselves. I'm the same in "real life" just so you know.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Prestone pre-mix is fine as long as it's made with distilled water like your manual says.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I use this:

Attachments

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Buy an air-cooled bike and stop caring. :D

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I won't need to worry about water seeing as how I will be buying premixed.

I only have an attitude towards ignorant people, and people who express the same old BS I've heard a thousand times and swear up and down they are right without ever questioning themselves. I'm the same in "real life" just so you know.
I like this guy.

the end of changing coolant out for any reason. it's track approved (legal in ama etc), doesn't use water, doesn't freeze, doesn't rely on pressure in the system to keep it from boiling, has a normal atmospheric pressure boiling point of 370 degrees(no other coolant can go this high even in a pressurized system) is a lifetime coolant tested beyond 500k miles.
hands down the best coolant you can obtain

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Motorex Ready 4-Use 50/50 Blend

Ready-to-use antifreeze for water-cooled motorcycles

Especially well suited for aluminum engines

Protection down to -40°C

Buy on-line today from Dillon Brothers Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha

Manufactured By: Motorex

RDY-4-USE AFRZ 50/50 BLND 1LTR
Item: 980099 Usually Ships In:
2-4 Business Days
MSRP: $10.95
Our Price: $9.86

Attachments

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Motorex Ready 4-Use 50/50 Blend

Ready-to-use antifreeze for water-cooled motorcycles

Especially well suited for aluminum engines

Protection down to -40°C

Buy on-line today from Dillon Brothers Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha

Manufactured By: Motorex

RDY-4-USE AFRZ 50/50 BLND 1LTR
Item: 980099 Usually Ships In:
2-4 Business Days
MSRP: $10.95
Our Price: $9.86
10 Bucks a quart? i think you guys are overthinking this. just go to the autoparts store and buy something off of the shelf. you'll be fine.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Perhaps some Dex-Cool? :banana

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Anyone use Engine Ice? I do. I heard it was supposed to be pretty good.

Seems to work well for me.
If that product actually did what the label claims (a physical impossibility due to the bike's thermostat), it would absolutely destroy your engine. lol

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
what for, you live in florida?

water + water wetter for me. and it does get below freezing here.
I dunno maybe because it gets genuinly fucking cold here

EDIT: Also if you did some research you'd realize that stuff doesn't lubricate the cooling system components worth a hell.
I only have an attitude towards ignorant people.
so now i'm ignorant?

if you read my post correctly, you would have noticed the "?" mark, pointing out that i don't know what the weather is like in florida and i'm surprised you need cold weather protection.

and i've done my research, and water wetter does have anti-corrosion and lubricating properties similar to other coolants.

i'll just avoid your e-tude next time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts