Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stupid a** mothereffing Biznatch!

I'm still shaking I'm so fucking mad. I'm on my way home from work, about a 45 minute ride in the afternoon because of traffic, and it's typical Florida weather, heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon. It's only raining a little where I'm at, but it has rained hard here recently so there's plenty of water on the road. I'm very careful when it's wet, as 2 tires just don't grip that great on wet, oily roads. So I've got a fair amount of space between the car in front of me and me(plenty of traffic around, so there are cars to my left, front and behind me) and some stupid bimbo in a Focus pulls out of a gas station in front of me with less than 30 ft of room. I lay on the horn for a half second before I realise there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to stop before I hit her. I pull the front brake as hard as I can without skidding, also on the rear, which did lock up. So my rear is sliding and I manage to move the bike to the left just enough to squeek by her car between her and the car next to her(nowhere else for me to go). Once I get the bike back under control I'm sitting about 6 inches away from her driver's side door with another car right next to me. I accelerate and get in front of her(should have knocked out a window or mirror, hindsight's a bitch) and start pointing for her to pull over, so I can get her tag and call the police. I'm not sure what they could have done, but at least verbally warn her and scare her some. Anyway, I made the mistake of not stopping in the middle of the road and forcing her to pull over, and as I started to pull over she took off, and about half a dozen cars got between me and her before i could get back on the road. And of course, she ran a red light and got away and I couldn't follow her.

Of course there were probably half a dozen witnesses, but does anyone offer to help, did anyone think to write down a tag number? No. I fucking hate Florida. This kind of thing happens to me several times a week(though not usually this close, but plenty of people pulling out in front of me with no room, there's just usually a lane I can move into) and people just all around drive like shit down here. The girl couldn't have been older than me, so she was probably in her early 20's.

WHy doesn't anyone pay attention to what's going on around them, especially when it's freaking raining! I'm so pissed she got off free with no reprocusions and I had to stop and regain my composure before I could get back on the bike. I'm still shaking I'm so mad. What the fuck is wrong with people? :boid :mg :ar :cut

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Just to play the devils advocate... I work in RTP...and dodge lexus' all day and night on my way too and from work. They dont see us..and dont care to. As far as the police..what do you think they could have done? Until the red light (running from a derranged motorcycle gang guy) she broke no laws.

I'm very happy you are ok, you handled it very well. But the police would have made you the bad guy.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
SalKhan said:
Littering aaaaaaand...... Littering aaaaaaaaaaand.... Littering aaaaaaaaaand....?

You are Freakin Out......mannnnnnnnnn

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think that a lot of people 1) Don't give a crap because they KNOW you will stop or 2) actually think 30 feet is enough space to pull out in front of someone

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
get over it. it happens all the time. you did all the right things in that situation with the exception of thinking that someone is going to pull over, get out of her car and talk to the person she almost killed.

there are near misses on the road everyday. some of them are our own fault and some are others. the sooner you realise that the only person who is going to look out for you is you your drives will be a lot easier and drama free.

i want to give you a pat on the back for keeping control of your bike in a dangerous situation. you kept a good head on yourself in using both brakes and moving out of the way of the vehicle instead of fixating and drilling a hole in the back of it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah shit happens when you ride. Try riding up in the D.C. area you will lose your mind in a week.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I know what you are talking about with the drivers down here. Rain is a mixed bag. You want to have enough space between you and the car ahead of you to react if they do something crazy, but at the same time everyone and their mother will exploit that space by cutting you off, pulling out in front of you, etc. I try to maintain space, but when I see someone waiting to pull out, or a car passing in another lane, I'll eat up the space so that they don't try anything and hope for the best from the car in front of me. Thankfully, with my work schedule, I don't have to travel during rush hour, so I can mostly try to stay out ahead of the traffic. Can't always help it though.

Glad that you're just pissed and not hurt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Florida Idiots

I understand about Florida drivers I used to live in Orlando also Daytona. Florida is a shithole and bikeweek is full of idiots. Plus you have all the illegals that shouldn't be in the country let alone diving! Do yourself a favor and move I did best move I ever made.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I understand about Florida drivers I used to live in Orlando also Daytona. Florida is a shithole and bikeweek is full of idiots. Plus you have all the illegals that shouldn't be in the country let alone driving! Do yourself a favor and move I did best move I ever made.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I was just venting and glad that I didn't hit her. I don't blame her for not stopping now that I'm calm, she wouldn't know if I was some crazy biker with a gun or what. It just annoys me when people do that crap and act like nothing happened. I have close calls alot since I ride over an hour and a half everyday to and from work, but this was the closest I've come to hitting a car. I'm glad I've had enough experience to know how to control the bike properly, though I wish I had thought to punch her car or knock a mirror off.

Oh, and I will be moving my ass away from this state as soon as possible. I've lived in Florida for 98% of my life and I'm sick of it. Hopefully my soon to be wife and I will be headed to NC or somewhere near there in a few years.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I just needed to get this off my chest, I was steaming when I got home.

·
Registered
775 Posts
gixxer27519 said:
You are Freakin Out......mannnnnnnnnn
meow, do you know how fast you were going?

glad you were able to evade an accident, Camride. It sucks, but most drivers just clueless and/or don't give a damn.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I had a Lexus pull that on me not long ago...looked right at me and pulled out and forced me to ride the paint between two cars... when I pulled up beside him and hit the horn...he flipped me off and stuck his tongue out at me...I pulled the screwdriver out of my pocket and gouged his black Lexus from passenger door to the tailight. That got his attention...he was hopping up and down in his seat screaming...so I flipped him off on my way by as I disappeared through the traffic...Maybe he learned a lesson...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know how you managed not to get so pissed off and jack her mirror off. I would of just kicked that mirror so hard, then take off. :lol

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Something like that just happened to me a few hours ago in my car. Some guy decides he doesn't wanna stop or even look to see if it's clear at a stop sign. So he just rolls right through it and I locked up my brakes and got sideways a little bit. My horn doesn't work so I flip him off, roll down my window and start swearing at the top of my lungs. Meanwhile, we're going about 15mph in a 35 zone. I was pissed. He pulled into the next parking lot and I thought about going in after him but I was in a good mood to start so I just let it go.

One more story 'cause I'm bored...
I was riding behind this car at a safe distance doing nothing wrong. Then this girl slams on her brakes and just stops in the middle of the road (no blinkers). I wasn't expecting it so I almost rear end her. I drop an f-bomb (not that loud) and shake my head a little. She decides to flip me off and pull into her driveway at her house or so I assume. So I just sit at the end of her driveway for a couple minutes swearing my head off but she wouldn't get out of the car. How stupid could she be? I mean, if you're gonna be like that, don't do it at your house because I wanted to go back and shoot some Roman candles at it. That would have been sooooooo cool.

And that's only a couple of my many road rage stories.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Upon reading your post I spotted several "glaring" mistakes....

Misteak #1 You are not invincable, never stop in front of ANY car thinking it will stop.....

Misteak #2 When you were 6 inches from side window you should have calmed down, and whipped your *Official Half Life Crowbar* out smashed in the side window then in a quick fluidlike motion lunged in through the now smashed out window grabbing said bimbo around throat violently shaking head as you scream like a lunatic at the top of your lungs that she needs to open her frikken eyes or next time she won't get a little embarrasing warning like this :eek:

Mistreak #3 When a cager nearly ruins your day or worse, STAY THE FUCK out of his "damage zone" or the place he can HURT you the most easiest.... in front of him!!! If you want the plate number don't it make more sense to be "behind" the bozo out of harms way?

Misteak #4 In the future please refrain from all the nasty langauge in titles.... if we cant have our pr0n there is no room for profanity either.....

Thank You, Rev. KH :lol

***glad ya didn't do a taco into the car :dblthumb :)

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
I hate people that do that. People that pull out from the sides really fast and come onto the main street. The stupid thing is, they KNOW their dumbass car can't accelerate fast enough and they dont' try to. They just take their nice ass time after taking that turn, and just slowly accelerate up to 35mph. Just today, i saw about 4 people come out from just a couple hundred feet ahead of me and turned in front of me without even LOOKING at all. they just popped out and turned. Like their invincible. THAT pisses me off. If they ever do that, (when im in a car) i get up REALLLLLLL close to their ass and tailgate so it seems to them that i almost hit them cause of their own mistake. Then, i just pull out and cut them off. LOL i would never try that on a bike though. Maybe that cutting them off part, and then just get the hell out of there. That's pet peeve #1. #2 is others that tailgate.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts