Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Not all stunt riders are poor track riders...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Anti-Hero said:
Not all stunt riders are poor track riders...
nope, only most :lao

my buddy is big on stuntin but when we take it to the twistys he isnt near as 'slow' as most people i know. i still rip right by him when i want though :banana

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
To keep things in all fairness.

This video didnt represent shit. It was obviously a track day as 95% of the riders in the video were on straight up street bikes, shiny nice ones too boot. None of the riders had any body english that represented any inkling of knowledge about racing. Stiff body, poor line control ect. ect.

So for you to say a stunter went and schooled some racers is just down right ridiculous. They are just as guilty as it is nothing more than false advertising.

Sure, he isnt scared to fall down, his bike is obviously well aquainted with the ground so nothing to worry about if he balls it up. I dont see how that was impressive. Just watching the footage showed me that he cant hold a line, cant repeat a line and that he has little throttle control in a corner.

While I can appreciate some stunters, especially those that try to be at least semi professional in their quest to be good riders in their chosen arena. I also believe that they do have a vast degree of knowledge on the limits of brakes and good overall throttle control...... I just dont see the point of this remark on this post.

Of course my 2¢ and I dont know that I would be impressed with most racers attempts at stunting of course

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hybrid said:
To keep things in all fairness.

This video didnt represent shit. It was obviously a track day as 95% of the riders in the video were on straight up street bikes, shiny nice ones too boot. None of the riders had any body english that represented any inkling of knowledge about racing. Stiff body, poor line control ect. ect.

So for you to say a stunter went and schooled some racers is just down right ridiculous. They are just as guilty as it is nothing more than false advertising.

Sure, he isnt scared to fall down, his bike is obviously well aquainted with the ground so nothing to worry about if he balls it up. I dont see how that was impressive. Just watching the footage showed me that he cant hold a line, cant repeat a line and that he has little throttle control in a corner.

While I can appreciate some stunters, especially those that try to be at least semi professional in their quest to be good riders in their chosen arena. I also believe that they do have a vast degree of knowledge on the limits of brakes and good overall throttle control...... I just dont see the point of this remark on this post.

Of course my 2¢ and I dont know that I would be impressed with most racers attempts at stunting of course
some good points, it is a track day, still funny as hell....

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
cool vid...

but :pisson this adversary stunter vs track rider crap. some stunters can ride on the track and some can't. whatever.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is it just me, or were those guys taking it awful easy? I saw lots of opportunities for passing, going in faster, braking harder, etc. that were not taken in that video.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It was a trackday and it was probably the C group :)

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I dont think it is a waste of time. I like all on board footage. Novice or the best of the best, you still see the best amount of material about how a rider does what he is doing. Its the best education one can have when they review what they did to see what they should be doing.

I merely wanted to point out that it wasnt as it seemed. I was more paying attention to what was going on than getting caught up in an argument.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
chsnprodigy said:
ummm, this is another waist of time thread.
Have you been to the "general discussion forum" lately? Threads with the title: "which glove do you put on first" are a waste of time. By relative comparison this is a gold medal winner. :lao

·
Registered
966 Posts
hybrid said:
I dont think it is a waste of time. I like all on board footage. Novice or the best of the best, you still see the best amount of material about how a rider does what he is doing. Its the best education one can have when they review what they did to see what they should be doing.

I merely wanted to point out that it wasnt as it seemed. I was more paying attention to what was going on than getting caught up in an argument.
I agree with watching the video, but the argument is another waist of time thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
that definitely wasn't the race group. there was a lot of early braking (too early), and apexing too early. but like everyone said, its a trackday, thats the place to learn.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anti-Hero said:
Have you been to the "general discussion forum" lately? Threads with the title: "which glove do you put on first" are a waste of time. By relative comparison this is a gold medal winner. :lao
:eek:nfloor good point, I dont even bother to read shit like that

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just to clarify my friend knows "Speedballer" personally and rides with him all the time. The fact is, that 929 is just a piece of shit and that's why he wasn't riding fast on it. He's the fastest rider on the backroads, and has never lost a race (he races track too not just track days) when he had his GSX-R600.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts