Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
They always used to have one down at Union Grove at the drag strip every July. I don't know why they would stop doing it unless something happened.

·
Lefty Sticks On A Tuesday
500 Posts
From what I've read its been chit canned this year mainly due to lack of attendance. No people=no money. And the way I understand it,the past couple of years they have barley broken even.

But WTF do I know???

·
Registered
81 Posts
rcatchley said:
From what I've read its been chit canned this year mainly due to lack of attendance. No people=no money. And the way I understand it,the past couple of years they have barley broken even.

But WTF do I know???
thats exactly what happened...i was there almost every year, my buddies are big stunters (the responsible kind, if there is such a thing) the attendence went WAY down the last couple years

·
500 Posts
ibrac54 said:
thats exactly what happened...i was there almost every year, my buddies are big stunters (the responsible kind, if there is such a thing) the attendence went WAY down the last couple years

I've heard talk of possibly putting something else together at a different venue??

·
Registered
400 Posts
dead in the water, low attendance and the track owner charges way too much, 12k to rent the track each day, then top off with insurrance and he would tack on other riduclous charges, like overcharging for flyers to be printed, along with the payouts that was another 8-9k. We never had trouble getting stunters there but it was our responsibility to go around and hand out flyers

I never liked him and always felt like he was dickin us around even when we doing shows for free for him. I mean he never even offered to give us food or anything when we used to spend every Memorial and Labor day weekends there doing shows or entertaining the crowd when the track was down for cleanups. He's shady and not just for the reasons listed. But I wont go into more details.

On a side note, section 8, Joker and Myself will be stunting at dropfest.com in June. Probably my only show this year since my stunt group reverted back to just a riding group again.

·
500 Posts
jfmiltown said:
On a side note, section 8, Joker and Myself will be stunting at dropfest.com in June. Probably my only show this year since my stunt group reverted back to just a riding group again.

When are you guys scheduled to ride?? Im not too interested in Lowriders but I might take a ride up to check it out.

Leland just was'nt enough!!:twofinger

·
Registered
400 Posts
no clue, we are there fri sat and sun. I didn't go last year because of my leg, but the year before we had the 1/4 mile track to practice on most of each day, and then we did the shows by the oval track and 1/4mile track. I'm usually riding the entire day either on the big bikes or the fiddys. AMA races are also going on, so thats the only thing i regret missing becaus of the show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts