Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I wrong in assuming most of the guys I see who will tear their bike to peices do so because it's stolen anyway? I honestly do not know many "stunnas" all my riding friends are into track days. I've just been under the impression that stunnas must ride stolen bikes as they are always laughing when they are crashing them up. Or is it that they really go plop down 8-10 G$$'s on a new bike and then laugh as they crash it to pieces? I'm not meaning to flame but maybe some of the stunnas can enlighten me. I just can't imagine cracking my case covers, twisting my clipons and then laughing about it. I won't cry over a crash in the twisties or at the track but I don't seek to do it as these guys seem to. Set me str8 if I'm way off here.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
There are stolen bikes everywhere. However, I tend to find that more track bikes are stolen then stunt bikes. This is because their usually trailered to the track and there really is no way of knowing if it's stolen or not since the police won't be pulling you over on it. Stunters always face the possibility of being stopped by the police and being checked for registration. The stunters I know just have bike that are older and have been beat up over time.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
great generalization :rolleyes

i just dont get these track guys who go and ride over their head on the track and low/highside all the time. i mean do they enjoy plopping down 8-10g's on a bike just to wreck it on the track. :pisson

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Most stunters I know have the cash to fuck up thier bikes and not care. My buddies will buy crashed fairings and keep the original for when they sell it. Yep, the mint looking bike you just bought could've been a stunt bike.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ride with a lot of stunters. None of their bikes are stolen. Buy a bike that is year or 2 old and has been laid down, put a cage on it and presto, you have a cheap stuntbike. Yes, it is a poor generalization.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Reason I posted is because like snigg said it is a generalization and I'm realizing I'm looking at these guys wrong. I wouldn't expect to find stolen wheels at the track since most of those guys have ready cash. It costs big money to do regular trackdays no way around that with entry fees, tires, prep. I should prolly get to know the folks I'm raggin on.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
GOOD IDEA MAN :) The fact is that bikes are stolen and they end up somewhere , i know both groups who have their borrowed goods. The scary thing is the track group won as far as the borrowed goods catagory.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
On that note, I wonder how you feel about people of different races than your own.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5niner0 I see your similarly inflammatory post in other threads and I'm not taking the bait. Troll elsewhere. Thanks for the posts folks. I mean we're all law breaking, irresponsible, discourteous riceburners anyway right? :bitchslap

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
steeltoe said:
I mean we're all law breaking, irresponsible, discourteous riceburners anyway right?

You may be, but I'm not. :neener :popcorn

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I have to agree with no they are not all stollen. Some yes. Some race bikes yes. SOme bikes just going down the street yes. They are every where not just with one group.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I rode a few times with some stunters who belong to a local group here in NYC, I won't mention any names, but they had a couple of bikes which were stolen. Another guy I used to keep in touch with crashed his bike and instead of selling it he dropped it off at his estate in PA and reported it stolen. So, he got he insurance check and now has a stolen bike on his property that he uses for stunting. Oh well....

Edit: I'm not involved with all those people anymore but some of the stuff that they did was just out of control. For example, never leave a motorcycle with a button start unlocked on the street..... lol.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
most of the people that I know who stunt usually buy wrecked bikes and fix them up to stunt on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts