Sport Bikes banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
you can do automotive paint in flat as well.............its the clear coat........not the color.

You add an additive to the clear and it "eggshells" really nicely.
Truck bed liner!!I did one of my dual sports.It comes in the rattle can now!!!
You can paint it to.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Has anyone used the Teflon coating they put on rifle barrels? My dad re-did his barrel with that, and it's dull and can take a beating! I bet that would look badass on a bike!!

·
Banned
7,613 Posts

I bought it because it was a killer deal and needed something that fit my budget at the time. I don't like it enough to want to dump money into it. It came stock with scratches on the plastic.

I like keeping the stock displays, so I figure I might as well keep the headlight also. The windshield is off when I'm riding in above freezing temperatures. Stock exhaust is kinda hidden and is one less excuse to get pulled over. Same goes for the mirrors. I'm probably going to flat-black the front wheel fender but I'm going to keep that orange reflector. There are some moto-cops out there that are pretty sharp and itching to make a quota (harley douches off the clock most likely).

Rear tail plastics hide fuses and crap and I'm too lazy to relocate them. I plan to chop off the part of the rear sets that extend out for the rear passenger pegs.

It's ok...I upgraded teh brakes a bit and get fresh (not discounted or sale) sport touring tires and do maintenance on it more often than necessary. It's my work mule.

The most notable thing about this bike, especially compared to the other motorcycles I've bought new and pretty (R1, ZX14, I'm thinking of you two) is that this bike has been more enjoyable at the track and canyons and parked anywhere because I don't worry about it. It really really really is so much more enjoyable for that reason alone.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts