Ok... here's mine.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

2005 Buell CityX
K&N Air filter
Race ECM
Special Ops tailgunner pipe
Crossroads 0 degree bars
Third Eye bar end mirrors (nice and cheap/ easy to replace)
'R' foot pegs
Home made tail chop
Swapped clear blue plastics for black.

I haven't updated the picture since I put my new seat on though... I'll have to do that.

I am thinking about doing flat black rattle can on the frame, subframe, and swingarm. Then having my fork tubes and bars powder coated black, then having the headers done ceramic black.

·
Lefty Sticks On A Tuesday
500 Posts
RATyson said:
Ok... here's mine.

I am thinking about doing flat black rattle can on the frame, subframe, and swingarm. Then having my fork tubes and bars powder coated black, then having the headers done ceramic black.

That'll look bad ass!!:beer

·
Registered
484 Posts
RATyson said:
I did my frame and swingarm with semi-gloss engine block paint while the bike was down without a clutch during the 2005 season. This winter I got the wheels, fork tubes, bases and etc... powdercoated.

Powdercoating is the cheap part of all the stuff, so I would recommend just having it all powdercoated instead of going the painting route. When I took my stuff in it was $175 to powdercoat the wheels, fork tubes and bases, but it cost easily that much having the forks serviced and the wheels done. (tires off, new rotor bolts, bearings pressed in/out, tires on)

You should be able to get the ceramic coating done for around $100 if you are only doing the header. I took in 2 headers, 2 Jardine pipes, a mid pipe and the strap that hold the Jardine on and got it all done for $275.

If you don't go the powdercoat route make sure you use paint that can handle the heat of the oil cycling through the swingarm and the engine heat on the frame.

Attachments

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Bnonn said:
Okay. Tell me what to do to this thing:

How about you take that shit tail section off...........get yourself two mini mufflers to each side and run a 4 into an X and back out to 4

Have you ever seen a 70's CB400F four? They had four mufflers.........that retro look would be badass.

Then Id get rid of that tail and use something like a 900RR from 94-95 ish........and Id crop the subframe so it swept up a bit and shorten the fiberglass up so you had a bit more of a stub.

Id lower it in the front, change some other styling and do some dirty motocross bars.

There is a ton of room on that bike for cool stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
XB12R said:
I did my frame and swingarm with semi-gloss engine block paint while the bike was down without a clutch during the 2005 season. This winter I got the wheels, fork tubes, bases and etc... powdercoated.

Powdercoating is the cheap part of all the stuff, so I would recommend just having it all powdercoated instead of going the painting route. When I took my stuff in it was $175 to powdercoat the wheels, fork tubes and bases, but it cost easily that much having the forks serviced and the wheels done. (tires off, new rotor bolts, bearings pressed in/out, tires on)

You should be able to get the ceramic coating done for around $100 if you are only doing the header. I took in 2 headers, 2 Jardine pipes, a mid pipe and the strap that hold the Jardine on and got it all done for $275.

If you don't go the powdercoat route make sure you use paint that can handle the heat of the oil cycling through the swingarm and the engine heat on the frame.
I was going to do the painting myself, engine in. One of the guys that i rode with in Suches did his (flat OD green) and it looks great. He used aluminum foil to mask off all the bits he didn't want painted. I may have to remove the swingarm to paint it, but not sure. And, since I want a flat finish, powder coating wouldn't work for that. Plus, rattle can is easy to repair any blemishes with.
I was also going to buy myself an old oven, and get a home powder coat kit (about $100) to do all my parts with. I did some powder coating with a friend of mine, and it came out just as good as a pro-job and has lasted just fine for a few years so far.
Did the engine paint that you used have sort of a brown tone to it?? I have noticed that with some heat resistant black paint in the past.

Your XB is looking good!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I just wanna say, I love the streetfighter look. There are a couple of underground clubs in NYC with some really wicked looking bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AJCrader said:
Actually I know of a local shop that can do flat colors via powdercoating
Ah, well, you learn someting new everyday. I didn't know they could do flats in powder coating.
I will keep that in mind... maybe for the fork tube spacers.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
you can do automotive paint in flat as well.............its the clear coat........not the color.

You add an additive to the clear and it "eggshells" really nicely.

·
Happy Pappy
189 Posts
DC ORIGINAL said:
Minimalizing is the key. No gauges, hidden micro-switches, lots of powdercoating.

:bowdown

Amazing bike! Is the headlight from a Harley V-Rod? I considered using one when I stripped mine down after wrecking it. Just never found the right auction for the assembly I wanted.

Absolutely beautiful machine, DC. By far my favorite fighter I have seen yet. :cheers

·
NEC DEFICIT ALTER
129 Posts
Steelbilly said:
:bowdown

Amazing bike! Is the headlight from a Harley V-Rod? I considered using one when I stripped mine down after wrecking it. Just never found the right auction for the assembly I wanted.

Absolutely beautiful machine, DC. By far my favorite fighter I have seen yet. :cheers
Thank you, thank you. I have just the place you, or I, can find the "right auction" for that headlight. Just let me know.

p.s. There's more to come with this American Streetfighter...

·
Registered
6 Posts
from origin , the streetfighter is a bike wich has been crashed. build up again and modified to the fullest extend of the word. they were designed for streetracing. through the years most off the country's have given there own definition of the word streetfighter. I say , if you can think it , you can build it......

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
i'm gonna revive this...

more streetfighter pictures!!!

:)

~mikeym

61 - 80 of 92 Posts