Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Project Hungry
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naked sportbike, with minimal/no fairings, minimized headlight(s), shortened tail section.

PLease add on to give others new to this genre of sport bikes a better idea, pics are very welcome.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
The sole definition of a street fighter is the same as a chopper. All unnecessary things get chopped off. Whatever takes up more weight than usability gets chopped.

Here are mine

Though a chopper or street fighter is something you make. A naked is something you buy [ but still welcome! ]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Streetfighter by (my) definition - a great, naked, hooligan bike. :cheers

Plus it helps to have a lot of custom work.

Here are a few I have saved on my hard drive. :banana

Attachments

·
Project Hungry
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tecnically it fits, but to be true to streetfighter, chop off the tail section, but the only other problem is its too shiny, chrome/polished to me is not a streetfighter

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Personaly to me.........the term streetfighter represenst a VERY aggressive stance on the bike.

Its usually exagerated by the upswept and shortened tail section but not always.

Im in the middle of building one..........Ill post pics of the build when I get closer.

Basicaly its a CBR600F3

Its getting a turbo charged 900RR engine
1000RR front end
Was going with the 1000RR swinger but it wont fit.........so its getting the 600RR swinger. Ill finish boxing it in while Im at it.
Renthal dirtbike bars
02 R1 Tail section.........

A bunch of crap really but Im slammed with the carbon bits so its something thats taking awhile.

Ill try to take some of the pics of the chassis development and at least post them.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
hybrid said:
Personaly to me.........the term streetfighter represenst a VERY aggressive stance on the bike.

Its usually exagerated by the upswept and shortened tail section but not always.

Im in the middle of building one..........Ill post pics of the build when I get closer.

Basicaly its a CBR600F3

Its getting a turbo charged 900RR engine
1000RR front end
Was going with the 1000RR swinger but it wont fit.........so its getting the 600RR swinger. Ill finish boxing it in while Im at it.
Renthal dirtbike bars
02 R1 Tail section.........

A bunch of crap really but Im slammed with the carbon bits so its something thats taking awhile.

Ill try to take some of the pics of the chassis development and at least post them.
sounds like it should kick some ass

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah, i'll be throwing some triumph parts together into a fighter when i have time.

Single swingarm, custom undertail exhaust, chopped tail section, GSXR1000 front forks, custom headlight, powdercoating EVERTHING black and blue.

And i'm keeping the clipons and making custom rearsets for a more aggressive stance... i don't like handlebars.

:devil

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I think streetfighter can't be clearly defined. It can be a sportbike that was crashed then put back together cheap. Or stripped of unneccessary weight/parts. Or a full on custom like you can see in some of these pics.

I also like the statement that you buy a naked, you make a streetfighter. That fits. I don't know if mine is either. I bought a naked but I've changed and added some things.

Start:

Current:

·
Registered
47 Posts
dude where do i find the type of headlights that are on these things. i have an 06 gsxr 600 that i laid down last thanxgiving so i have no side fairings on it. i kinda like the look and would like to get rid of the upper fairing and i love the headlights u guys have. any advice or websites i can go to?

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I used the dominator lights from fly'ncycle. Some folks use lights from other bikes. Some use automotive offroad lights, fog lights. Lots off stuff out there, its up to you to make it fit on your bike. :D

1 - 20 of 92 Posts