Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, a close friend of mine was subjected to his bike being lowsided by.. well... my girlfriend. Long story, not going to go there.

The bike is a GS500, and she is offering to replace anything that's busted with aftermarket parts. I was telling him that it would be totally sick to turn that GS into a streetfighter of sorts, and I was wondering where you can order headlights like these:

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/7088/Image140.jpg

And if anybody knows of a method of putting clipons on a '99 GS500E, and where those can be found as well. I know there's not a lot of riders on this site with GS's, but anybody who would come out of the woodwork and help out would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dude - that sucks... My fiancee wrecked my BRAND new NISSAN TITAN (loaded I might add) while I was here in Iraq. This was about a month ago and I am dreading the damage on my 2nd baby... I am SOOO glad she cannot ride motorcycles on any other seat than the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
To put clip ons on the GS, you need to get any 37mm clip ons and either mount them under the triple tree or slide the forks up in the trees enough to clip them on over it. If you slide the forks up, obviously you're changing the steering geometry pretty severely, and if you put them under the triple tree, the stock headlight bracket won't fit on the bike anymore. Of course, if you're changing the headlight setup, that's not really a problem. A third option is to find the top triple clamp from an 89 GS, in 89 they came with clip ons mounted to the triple clamp. The problem with that is they're kind of rare as people have been using them for just this sort of thing since 89.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out www.gstwin.com they will set you up with all the info on anything about a GS. I found this site a couple of months ago and wanted a GS pretty bad but found my XJ cheap so I bought it instead. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts