Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 92 seca with alot of rash on the front plastic, it's cracked in a few places which causes this annoying buzzing noise around 4-5k rpm. I'm thinking about replacing it with a streetfighter look but I can't find a website that sells streetfighter parts. Anyone got a link?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Yup, just make some lights out of some cheap ones from Autozone. If you ride mostly in the city, the different lights won't make much of a difference. If you ride in the country where it's way dark at night, make sure you get some high quality, really bright lights.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the fairing and screen off today and wow, you can really feel the wind without it. The buzzing sound stopped at least. Thanks for the links

·
Registered
522 Posts
forget the fairings and just go with lower clip-ons or bars and lose the mirrors, good naked bike like mine :D

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
check out the Streetfighters By Design website at www.davidcork.com he has some pretty cool stuff. You could also do bar end mirrors, I have them on my SV and they are different and I don't have to move to see behind me.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
... or go the *cant decide if its, dirt or street look* like I did, LOL had to put lights. Didn't have the bucks so I used a Enduro mini fairing that straps on with big runner straps costs $60 or less new. I had it already. While I was at it I pitched the tack speedo bs made a small alloy plate mounted a ICO Enduro computer and $6 worth of LED's from radio shack in appropriate colors wired it up and lost 25+ pounds of unnecessary lard in the process.

That front piece is going back on... the wreck did in the GIX upper I had on it which was great in the rain. Something it does just about everyday during some time uasually when theres no cover to duck under. It never rains long but on occasion it's been like just like standing under a waterfall. I actually thought I was going to drown it rained so hard so soom. I was having a hrad time breathing. It set a record, 6 inches of water in 15 minutes! Almost instantly the roads were underwater. Some places 2 feet or more...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
I had a 7 inch bucket with a Bosch Quartz lens reflector assembly with a 90/150 blue ice xenon bulb... The Bosch and that blue light worked absolutely killer. Just couldn't hack a hole in the stock upper or get a decent fairing that fit it (not to mention I pirated it off my RD 400 Daytona LOL) :D

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
ninja shadow warrior
242 Posts
some ideas for u.... :alky

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
:2fingers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that the front fairing is off I realize that I'm going to have to change the handlebars and mirrors. They just look plain silly. I found some bicycle bar-end mirrors for like 5 bucks that just clamp on to the end of the bars. For the handlebars I'm thinking about replacing them with clip-ons. Question is, do I mount them above or below the upper fork clamp? I'm thinking I should loosen the upper and lower clamps, press down on the handlebars till about a half inch of fork is sticking up, then tighten it up so I have some room to put the clip-ons on above the upper clamp. I read about a guy that did this before, he said the lower bars helped the bike to turn-in faster on corners. So I think I'm going to find some cheap, ebay-special, clipons and try it out....when I'm sober.....goldschlager really brings out the creativity in me. :alky

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
/\ /\
/\ /\

That bike is freaking sweet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is my bike with the fairings off and stock headlights on. I called it an FZ6 before yamaha made the FZ6.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts