Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Happy Pappy
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Been a few months since I wiped out on my fizzer, but I am finally back in the saddle! I have been pretty busy with the bike. I used the insurance money to make it the bike I want instead of restoring it to what it was before. Here are a few pics:

Next I would like to get an Ohlins Rear Shock and change the headlight for something more visible / less cheap looking. I was really disappointed in the quality of the Demon headlight. < sarcasm>Imagine a headlight / fairing that ships WITH brackets for less than $100 being cheap looking?</ sarcasm> Something I read on a website during my COUNTLESS hours shopping for bits and pieces: "Cool Ain't Cheap and Cheap Ain't Cool". True when it comes to headlights, or at least that has been my experience.

I bought an 04 R1 swingarm and shock but it is SO different I'm not going to attempt to make that switch. Props to those on the board who have made it work. I'm keeping an eye on 07 FZ6 eBay auctions. Eventually I want to get my hands on the new swing arm.

I still have a few bugs to work out, like I need to tune the Power Commander and finish hooking up the Speedohealer, but I have ridden it a few times since getting the parts back from the painter and it is AMAZING the difference between the FZ6 forks and the R6 ones I have on now. The new brakes will jerk a knot in your ass, too!

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
WOW! Nice Job! :dblthumb

That is one of the nicest black FZ's I've seen. I like the speedo mount. Looks like it came from the factory.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah it looks great! Im not a big fan of the headlight but it really doesnt look as bad as it did when it was white. Great job too.

Looks like alot of rizoma on it. Rear sets ($$$) grips, mirrors. Heck I saw ya I would flag ya down just to look at it haha.

·
Happy Pappy
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim_R said:
Yeah it looks great! Im not a big fan of the headlight but it really doesnt look as bad as it did when it was white. Great job too.

Looks like alot of rizoma on it. Rear sets ($$$) grips, mirrors. Heck I saw ya I would flag ya down just to look at it haha.
Yeah, the headlight is a sore spot with me. I'm not a big fan either. I love the FZ6N OEM headlight but the best quote I could get from anyone was from Motoxtreme and it was over $700 shipped. That is dropping EVERYTHING but the headlight, two side pods, and the mounting bracket. Ouch! If only Rizoma made a headlight... ;)

·
Happy Pappy
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lamby said:
i got that same headlight. i like the look of it, but hate the cheap feeling to it
Hey Lamby,

I guess that's what bothers me the most about it. I wish there was something similar that had good bulbs in it and was made out of better materials. I wouldn't be out at night on this bike right now for any amount of money. The bulbs that came with it are only 25W. I'd be better off duct-taping a maglight to my helmet. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sweet!!!

ok... I gotta ask... what type of disc and caliper are you using?

and, what type of grips?

That's and awesome bike!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts