Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've been thinking about putting lower fairings on my SV. I did some searching and I found sites that separated race fairings and street fairings (i.e: 2wheeljunkie.com, 1tail.com). What are the differences between the two (if any)? Are there any physical differences? Also, is it recommended to get race fairings even though I only street ride? Thanks!

And, if you guys know any good sites for fairings please tell me.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If you're just talking about lowers, there won't be too much difference except you may not be able to get race fairings already painted. Typically race fairings don't accommodate lights and are thinner material which makes them lighter, cheaper, and more prone to damage in a get-off. Racers just patch them up and don't worry about looks.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If you haven't already, check out:

www.svrider.com

They have a searchable database of mods including body work/fairings. Very useful sv resource.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Race lowers have a belly pan to contain oil if a leak develops on the track. Street lowers are often open to the bottom, near the exhaust collector, etc. Quality race skins are thin, lightweight, strong fiberglass that is more flexible, and stronger than stock OEM ABS parts, and often fairs much better in crashes because of good abrasion resistance, better flexibility, and it's more easily repaired.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
send a PM to 99birdV6...He has lowers on his SV and they look awesome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible to fit GSXR fairings or a GSXR body kit on a SV? Some tell me its possible but others tell me it isnt. They say there arent any switch over kits available. Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks a lot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts