Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you set them off?? I sit in the left turn lane for 3-4 cycles and it doesnt turn green! I tried everything.. repositioning myself, putting the kickstand down, swearing... nothing works. What do you guys do?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I hear in some states if the light goes through two cycles you can run it legally. I hear greenlight is great, and a magnet also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ca$h said:
I hear in some states if the light goes through two cycles you can run it legally. I hear greenlight is great, and a magnet also.
I ride through one of the busiest streets in Los Angeles, I'm not going to be running these lights any time soon. :p

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Oh, lol well I would look into a magnet or a light tripping device.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I used to ride on the streets I always used my side stand at lights. I'd put it down right on one of the lines and it always seemed to work well. I've also heard that thumbing the starter button a copule times will do the trick as well.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I usually jump off the bike and go hit the pedestrian button...if i am sitting there for a while.

·
Registered
317 Posts
^^i've been in a car and had to do that...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Buy a Hardley and there is enough metal 'presence' to trip the magnetic indicator without having to perform 'tricks'. :D

*seriously* Pull your engine directly over the indicator (buried just before the white line - usually). Personally, I pull up a little in front of the white line and let the car behind me trip it. ;)

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I just run the lights when all traffic is clear. It's legal to do that in some if not most states.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Twinsen said:
I just run the lights when all traffic is clear. It's legal to do that in some if not most states.
Legal in GA, AFTER you wait for a short period of time (to ensure the light change sequence is not going to occur). Unless an Officer is sitting at the intersection, they are not going to know when you went through. Please do me a favor and either KNOW the sequence should be occuring, and/or be VERY cautious when proceeding through an intersection when the 'turn signal light' is not functioning.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
ive heard it all, put the stand down, hit the kill switch, flash you lights, whatever else... if i dont trip the lights after a few cycles ill usually just run it when its safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a red light charger magnet from ebay it really works it makes your bike seem like a semi truck. It really does work man and it only cost me $15

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Baldman said:
Legal in GA, AFTER you wait for a short period of time (to ensure the light change sequence is not going to occur). Unless an Officer is sitting at the intersection, they are not going to know when you went through. Please do me a favor and either KNOW the sequence should be occuring, and/or be VERY cautious when proceeding through an intersection when the 'turn signal light' is not functioning.
Of course. Treat it like a stop sign. Come to a complete stop, look all directions and then take off like a bat out of hell...j/k about that part... ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
A buddy of mine who rides a Harley told me to straddle the stop line (stop with your front wheel over the stop line and the rear wheel behind the stop line), as that seems to work for him.

Otherwise, I do like everyone else is saying... after a few cycles, wait until it's safe then turn.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There are one or two lights in town that just won't register my bike. I've tried revving the engine, turning it off and on, even jumping up and down, and nothing works. In a case like that, I wait for it to clear then run it.

If there's a car behind me, I'll creep up a little and motion for them to pull up. Most of the time, they understand and pull forward just enough to trip the light. Be careful, though, a few months ago, I tried that, and the car thought I was motioning him to go around me. The idiot passed me and ran through the RED light. He almost got t-boned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts