Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I friggin guarantee that she will look from now on..
Dont think I agree with shooting her, but a good uppercut would be reasonable.. Assuming I just was a witness..

If it was family, or a good friend... she wouldnt be expected to survive.. I'd make damn sure to hit some vital organs..

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
highkav said:
I see no problem with this...
If it was your mother, wife, daughter, etc. who accidentally made the u-turn I bet you would have different opinion.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Are you guys nuts???

All you have is this story to go by and you are ready to cap some dudes ass? How do you know that the bike wasn't going 100MPH before it hit? No matter what happens you can't justify pumping slugs in someone.

If my wife made a u-turn and some squid smacked the car then one of his friends shot her I would be devistated and so would my kids. You guys that have no problem with this need to rethink your values. It's an abomination.

Like Anti-Hero said, you would think different if it was your dad that got shot.

I can't believe that you said what you did Punkwood. I was looking at your avatar thinking about it and how you would feel.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
You would think differently if it was your dad, mom or wife riding the bike as well. That doesn't justify shooting someone for an accident, but you can understand the motive I'm sure.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Strange that an onlooker would be so upset as to start blasting the cager. :ar.
I'm guessing cager was in the wrong. Of course I wasn't there, but I'd buy that witness a beer for the effort :cheers .
People should be more careful, riders and cagers both.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Rocket67 said:
All you have is this story to go by and you are ready to cap some dudes ass? How do you know that the bike wasn't going 100MPH before it hit? No matter what happens you can't justify pumping slugs in someone.

If my wife made a u-turn and some squid smacked the car then one of his friends shot her I would be devistated and so would my kids. You guys that have no problem with this need to rethink your values. It's an abomination.

Like Anti-Hero said, you would think different if it was your dad that got shot.

I can't believe that you said what you did Punkwood. I was looking at your avatar thinking about it and how you would feel.
Believe it.. ABSOLUTELY.. if I just witnessed it, punch em.. but if it was my family, and someone turned infront of my wife on her bike, and killed her, I would fucking execute him on the spot.. no tears, no regrets..
His negligence takes my childrens mother out of their lives, I will remove that person from whatever lives they created..
Its only fair. If my wife is killed, forever.. why should his kids get their parent back after only 3 months, if that? Usually, they are let go with community service.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
Believe it.. ABSOLUTELY.. if I just witnessed it, punch em.. but if it was my family, and someone turned infront of my wife on her bike, and killed her, I would fucking execute him on the spot.. no tears, no regrets..
His negligence takes my childrens mother out of their lives, I will remove that person from whatever lives they created..
Its only fair. If my wife is killed, forever.. why should his kids get their parent back after only 3 months, if that? Usually, they are let go with community service.
What I am saying is what if it was someone in your life driving the cage. ya know..babies crying, phone is ringing...need to pull over..see a nice parking lot you just passed...hand a U and BAM some squid pops the side of the van. It could happen to anyone, it's not that they are trying to become a roadblock...we just don't know the full circumstances in this accident. Was the van in the same lane or did they cut in front of a bike heading the other direction? Was the bike behind the van and just going too fast to stop?

Can't start dropping the hammer until you know the details. The dude might not have done anything wrong.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Rocket67 said:
What I am saying is what if it was someone in your life driving the cage. ya know..babies crying, phone is ringing...need to pull over..see a nice parking lot you just passed...hand a U and BAM some squid pops the side of the van. It could happen to anyone, it's not that they are trying to become a roadblock...we just don't know the full circumstances in this accident. Was the van in the same lane or did they cut in front of a bike heading the other direction? Was the bike behind the van and just going too fast to stop?

Can't start dropping the hammer until you know the details. The dude might not have done anything wrong.
okay.. point taken. Assuming that the bike wasnt hauling ass or anything..
If the bike was flying down the road, then I laugh at him for being an idiot.. but if the bike was legal speed, and stupid driver turned in front of him.. then *click - bang*.. ESPECIALLY if it was my wife.

again, assuming the bike wasnt the one at fault..

·
Registered
318 Posts
For the record, thank God I have never been involved in a scenerio like this so that isn't where this is coming from.
With that said, GET A GRIP FOLKS! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! The driver made a horrible mistake (and this is making the HUGE assumption the bike was not at fault at all) so you want to KILL HIM? What gives this "bystander" (or you) the right to make the decision (in the heat of the moment no less) as to who is at fault and how severe their punishment should be? Have any of you "stone throwers" ever hit anybody in your car? Are you so certain of your driving abilities that you are sure you will NEVER hit anyone? Never get distracted by the radio and swerve into another lane? If the guy you happen to hit is on a bike chances are the injuries will be severe for the rider but that doesn't deserve a death sentence. One last thought, nobody I know with a CCW license would shoot someone like this, so that tells me this ass is some punk gang banger type. That's just who I want to decide my fate..........

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
And your response would take your children's father out of their lives as well. Think about it. :bitchslap Not to mention the cager's kids. Should THEY be punished too?
As other people have said, it was an ACCIDENT... a MISTAKE that no one planned. Yes, it had horrible consequences, but there was no malicious intent involved.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This happened not to far from me. I was told he wasn't really speeding but he had no gear only a 1/2 shell.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
[U]Had the cager been drunk or on drugs, Maybe.[/U] But, otherwise taking another life is crazy. Who was this guy anyways? Must've known the rider, I guess.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats insane. I hope the guy gets caught. Some people on here need to take anger management courses. An accident is just that. Also keep in mind the cager pulled over to check on the biker and probably call 911(we all know a lot of people just rocket off)

·
Registered
447 Posts
The driver got out of his car to check on the rider and then got shot. No matter whose fault it was, the driver did get out the car to check on the rider. That has to count for something.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
So wait, all you folks that are saying it's an 'accident' are going to let it go at that? Head up your ass, U-turn in front of a bike and they hit you and the biker gets killed. It's okay though, because you didn't do it intentionally.

BULLSHIT.

Whether intentional or not, your actions have consequences, for you and others. Sounds like the driver of the car got out easy. He's still alive, can't say that for the motorcyclist, no matter whose fault it was.

Vigilante style....alriiiiiiiiight.

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
I am SO disappointed in the ACCEPTANCE that so many people have with the all too common situation on the streets today of unattentive driving / distracted driving. Too many people take driving for granted and treat it as 'the other thing they are doing at the moment' instead of the #1 focus that it should be. I have told people who may call me that if they call me while I am driving that I will make the call very short and that I'm concentrating on my driving 1st and talking to them 2nd so I may seem as though I'm not interested in talking to them, my attitude is: say what HAS to be said at that moment then put the damn phone down! I DO NOT accept the passive attitudes and lack of attentiveness that far too many people, especially women, exhibit today in their driving (this is not prejudice toward women, it's an observation after being on this planet for 35 years and living in a county with apx. 1/4 million people). I see so many people driving along having conversations on their cell phone, actively talking / interacting with other occupants in the vehicle, consuming food, etc, while exhibiting bad driving and other people being OK with this.

Driving is taken today by so many as being something they will always be able to do, pretty much no matter what happens, I think this attitude contributes to passiveness in driving. I also strongly believe the crash survivability level that has become common in many newer vehicles and the advanced medical services available today subconsciously lead too many people to be relaxed in their driving since deep in their minds they feel pretty confident they probably won't die as a result of an automobile crash. The opposite is true when on a motorcycle, your now very vulnerable and drive with a different attitude that you could very easily die in an accident. I saw the results of a study back in the late 90's that concluded that motorcycle riders with 5+ years of riding experience on the road are generally superior drivers of any vehicle they operate due to their raised level of attentiveness that has become almost 2nd nature to them after their years of riding. Yet another reason that drivers without motorcycle riding experience should pay higher insurance premiums on their vehicles than riders with the same vehicles.

I have driven for 20 years and I have never had an accident, though many people have made very good attempts to try and involve me in their accidents. I have this ability to see situations developing and make adjustments to my driving before I get tangled up in other peoples messes. I read a rather interesting book about a decade ago that spoke of the differences between being successful and just being another seemingly mindless drone wandering thru life. An excellent example in that book was describing a herd of cattle that was running as a pack across a field and a lone rhinoceros that was making its way thru that herd of cattle. As they all went across the field they all approached a cliff that was in their way. The first few cows reached the cliff but didn't stop running and went over, amazingly the rest of the herd continued over the cliff as well, all except for the rhinoceros who had stopped before going over the cliff. The point of that example was to stress the importance in being alert to your surroundings and being your own leader and making proactive decisions for yourself, not being part of the blindly led herd.

I don't give a damn if you have 6 kids in your SUV that are all yelling, unless they are dieing at that moment you still need to be sharply FOCUSED on your driving, no matter how difficult. Believe it or not the kids are going to be ok without your interaction before you find a safe place to pull over, then you deal with the situation. The other sad fact in this situation is that these parents obviously have failed in communicating to their children that this type of behavior is never acceptable while driving and have not made it clear that this type of behavior will result in a stiff penalty to them (for example take away their TV, internet, and cell phones for a week!) and could possibly contribute to all of them being killed, yet another example of failed parenting and NOT an acceptable EXCUSE for unattentive driving. If you honestly believe that being unattentive in your driving is acceptable then your just another 1 of the cattle in the herd. I would consider myself a rhinoceros in the previous example, making my way thru all the cattle with the least amount of interaction with them as possible.

In the subject of this thread a U-turn was executed which resulted in the death of a motorcyclist. The person doing the U-turn was clearly at fault since they are the 1 turning and disrupting traffic, not flowing with it (1 of the more dangerous actions done on the busy roads today and clearly a sign of laziness instead of turning around in a parking lot or going around the block). As for the 1 person Judge, Jury, & Executioner scenerio which played out as a result of the accident, I understand his emotion and response, though I doubt I would have done that myself. I also strongly believe that our Criminal Justice system is failing and has become so distorted that the so called 'punishment' to the driver of the vehicle would probably be to get the now all too common 'slap on the hand' in court. The shooter placed an exclamation point at the end of the expression of how he felt, no matter how wrong it was it will probably result in a much more memorable event for the driver than would have resulted from only recieving the 'slap on the hand' he will probably get in court. The shooter will suffer to some degree for the rest of their life as a result of this loss, hopefully the driver will have a similar long standing result as well from being shot (beyond just having a scar).

1 - 20 of 70 Posts