Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those lurking, and wondering how exactly you go about doing this kind of thing. Here is how I do it. Please no autographs or flash photography. You can kiss my ass, one cheek at a time, later on.

First you need 3 to 4 different angles of the bike you are going to change at least. The more the merrier.

Using the caveman method you could just draw the bike completely by hand and then simply add on. Or a more advanced caveman method would be to draw/ print out the images then use cartoon half visible sketch paper to cheat with.

I use photoshop. If you have PS, drag the pictures to photoshop, then add a layer or two in photoshop to mess around with lines without engraving the original image. Use the original image as a pivoting point when making lines on these seperate angled images. When you have what you want, erase the origional layer. You need at least 3 basic angles to give it depth and volume to give yourself an idea of how big it is going to be. You can draw a basic skeleton frame or just draw the exterior view before or after each other. The skeleton can typically be as simple or laborious as you want it to and you can get away with it because there isnt going to be any type of stress on it .....unless you fuck it up.

This is just a first draft. I didnt like how it came out in this particular session so there is more. Make many of these regardless. You will probably like one from each session.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is the skeleton

I didnt put much effort or thought into this but it gives you an idea. Obviously the skeleton should run through the heaviest part of the build.

When you are actually making this, always build out. Dont get ahead of yourself and make an exterior shell before the frame. If the frame is angled off at all it may not fit and has to be trashed.

The easiest, or hardest part for some, is getting the parts and a welder. If you cant weld its going to be a little difficult to have someone else do the work and skip some of the small details you want. Try researching this part ahead of time.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I find that no matter how thorough i am on the computer, i always prefer just going out and doing things.

It's looking like Monday and Tuesday of this week i'm going to be cutting apart one of my subframes to see what i can get out of it.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts