Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed when I took the bike in last night that when it's moving forward slowly and I apply the front break, I can hear a Click as the pad makes contact, and another click when it comes off the rotor. Almost like it grips and lurches forward, and then comes back spring loaded... 05' R6.

I'm always wearing my helmet so I can't really tell if it happens out on the road...

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
Dude, your avatar has me in stitches.

The click might be your brake switch.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not my switch, I know what my switch sounds like and this is louder and coming from the pads.

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
BUMP

Can a mod move this to the repair area so this fella can get some help?

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
yeh they mostly all make noise like that. your pads "hang" inside of the clipers by pins that go through the calipers. when you brake they move slightly forward in their housing and when you release they move again. You will figure this out the first time you have to change pads. basically all you do is remove the dust shield, pull out a cotter ppin, and pull the main pin that the pads dangle from. then clean and reset your pistons and reinstall the pads. Also if might be a little noise from the disc because it is a semi or full floating disc meaning that it can move back and forth a little.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. It was a surprise because I cannot hear it at all with my helmet on, and I heard it because I was just goofing off in the garage after I brought it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts