Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed my oil yesterday, just like ive done before (had no problems) and later on at night i was riding with a passenger, at about 90 mph and maybe 6000 rpm (i think i was in 3rd gear but dont remember) the bike started losing momentum, i gassed it hard but the only thing it did was slowly lose speed, so i tried to shift and it was so jerky that it threw the girl into me, and still no power at any rpm in that gear......i kept the throttle pinned, downshifted twice and tried again to accelerate, not working..........so i upshifted again and once again she was thrown into me, by now im at about 40 mph, and then magically the problem went away, the throttle worked fine and i accelerated to about 120, and the problem hasnt happened since..........what the hell happened?

also, is it uncommon for a front brake pad to last 3500 miles -- stock pads with that mileage, it felt weird stopping today so i looked at the rotor and its beginning to get grooves in it, im guessing the pad is shot, i hope i dont hafta buy a new rotor as well............thanks for the advice.........

by the way, its an 05 busa with 3500 miles.........

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do you get on the brakes hard after reaching high speeds? If that's the case, then that is why the pads are gone. If you are doing this, I would suggest laying off the brakes and let the engine slow the bike down before you touch the brakes. I don't know about the bogging though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The first thing that we need to know is:
What kind of oil did you use? I'm hoping it's NOT normal automotive oil, as they have viscuosity and friction modifiers that will play havoc with the wet clutches on most motorcycles, causing them to slip something fierce... this will make it feel like you're pulling the clutch in while in gear; you don't accelerate, but just get a bunch of engine noises, instead. When you try to disengage the clutch, it will do so erratically.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i used motorcycle oil, belray, semi-synth, i think it was 10W40 but not sure, my boy that runs the shop i always go to recomended it and hes got a busa as well............

yeah now that i think about it sometimes i do hit the brakes after reaching high speeds, ill just allow more distance and let the engine take the speed down a bit, thanks.............

·
Registered
50 Posts
almost sounded like you were running outa gas, maybe something in your gastank?? maybe water, some gasstation serve shit for gas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts