Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How'd ya like one of these Lil gems crawling in yer bed with ya? They get up to a foot long and have a pair of mandibles (Pincers curved towards each other) that bit ya and pump in a load of nasty shit that will kill small children and dogs! This is a small one, and a red one (male) the grayish blue ones are Female and about twice as venomous as the reds..... This is one I killed at a Yacht Party on Lanai in Manele Bay. It actually crawled up my leg before I noticed it flicked it off and stomped the shit outta it. If ya don't hit em good the first whack they will charge ya big time. Gawd I Hate these frikken things.... a dark side of paradise that are under rocks and cool places all over. From Indochina originally I believe very nasty things. I been bit by one and theres a anti coagulant in the venom that makes you bleed like a stuck pig.
It bit me in bed! While I was asleep, I woke up thought my hand was on fire, raised it up felt all the legs scratching on my arm and freaked out :cry
Turned the light on and saw 2 puncture marks with blood streaming from them like I cut a artery..... My hand swelled up to nearly twice its size and hurt like a mofo! For a coupla days!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww.. ok I know Im a girl and all, the last time I checked I was, but I usually don't squeel about bugs like most chicks do, but millipedes and centipedes FREAK me the F**K out! I didn't see any of those creepy crawlys while I was on Maui, and I don't want to either.

Don't show me things like that Krazy, I might change my mind on building a house there....

again, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
That looks like Helgamite. they are nasty and they do bite. Im not shure if there the same over there. I think they are dragon fly larva

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
japbike said:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww.. ok I know Im a girl and all, the last time I checked I was, but I usually don't squeel about bugs like most chicks do, but millipedes and centipedes FREAK me the F**K out! I didn't see any of those creepy crawlys while I was on Maui, and I don't want to either.

Don't show me things like that Krazy, I might change my mind on building a house there....

again, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Ooop sorry japbike.... they freak me out tooo! I go outta my way to slaughter em grrrrrr nasty things..... arugh :mad: :cry :flamed <---centipede

there is a way to keep em at bay..... it involves sprinkling Diazanon crystals around the house about every 4-6 months..... ok as long as ya dont have kids or pets.... kinda a bummer for me cause I got my baby DooFus my blonde lab. Before I got her I used the diazanon and never had one in the house ever.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Those are very good for fishing by the way.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
bahahahaha ^^

·
Registered
522 Posts
those are some nasty little creatures, only thing i have to worry about here are scorpions, but i've only seen one in my 20 years here. :D

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
I've seen these in hawaii. They are very creepy. Their legs look like small bones and if you see them crawling along a leaf you can hear their legs tapping on the leaf. yikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
We get centipedes over here too ... nasty little shits of things ... tough as nails too! I used to get about 1 a week in the house I used to live in ... but this is australia ... the centipedes are the least of our worries. :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
hell no, I can't stand critter's/bugs like that.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Damn! Screw that, i hate lil creepy cralwers. When i was little id go and pick up all kinds of bug....not sure when it happened, but now i can't stand em. They freak me out. This is one of the only reasons i welcome snow and the cold weather up in New England. Kills off most bugs :twofinger

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
clsmitty said:
Nothing a boot couldn't fix
HA!!! that's what you think... i found one at work one night..about 6 inchs long..i didn't see it until i was almost on it. Freaking out I stepped on it..after I lifted my foot up (thinking it was squashed) the thing turned around and leaped at me. It took 5 or 6 good heel squats to get it killed.

A buddy of mine got bitten in the neck awhile ago and was paralyzed for about 15 mins on that side

I don't know if University of Hawaii still does it but if you found one over 6in long they would pay you 100 bucks for research

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Rascus said:
HA!!! that's what you think... i found one at work one night..about 6 inchs long..i didn't see it until i was almost on it. Freaking out I stepped on it..after I lifted my foot up (thinking it was squashed) the thing turned around and leaped at me. It took 5 or 6 good heel squats to get it killed.

A buddy of mine got bitten in the neck awhile ago and was paralyzed for about 15 mins on that side

I don't know if University of Hawaii still does it but if you found one over 6in long they would pay you 100 bucks for research
These things sound intense. The friggin thing leaped at you? Damn. How high can they jump? they fast or can you just turn around and run :lol I dunno, if i found one over 6 inches, you could toss a jar over it. Or is that easier said then done? I might not even try to catch it. Might have to kill it. :hshot

Whats the actual name of these things?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Inky24 said:
These things sound intense. The friggin thing leaped at you? Damn. How high can they jump? they fast or can you just turn around and run :lol I dunno, if i found one over 6 inches, you could toss a jar over it. Or is that easier said then done? I might not even try to catch it. Might have to kill it. :hshot

Whats the actual name of these things?
Maybe not excatly "leap" but definitly "lunged" at me. It did a complete 180 in the air then went after my foot

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
We used to find these vicious little bastards in Somalia that looked like a tarantula with mange. Nasty spiders that would leap AT your boot if you tried to stomp them. We used to dig holes and toss them in with scorpions and bet on who'd win. The spiders (they were called Camel Spiders) usually came out on top. I'll try to scan a pic i have of one. Ugly, and mean as hell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts