Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have stoped at a red light without putting a foot down.i do this pretty often and enjoy the looks i get from people.what other kind of stuff like that has everyone done thats a little off the wall for you normal person?

:urowned :pisson
:flipa

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
As in stop and sit there indefinatly, with out feet down?

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Ive heard of some riders being able to balance the bike for a short period of time, but IMHO way to risky, youll drop the bike quick.

·
Registered
198 Posts
TRaGiK said:
If so, let me be the first to call :bsflag
It could possible be true if the tire was square off enough :rolleyes

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I can balance for a few seconds but thats it. No way I could just sit there and without putting a foot down the whole time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well not for a long time,but its very easy when you stop slowley and just move the handlebars back and forth gently.i was taught how to do it from a harley rider.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like to break at the light then balance my stoppie. You should see the people stare at me with the back tire stuck up in the air like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you can balance a stoppie you can balance at a full stop.it was easier on my dirt bikt also but after some practice now i can hold it for about 20 sec on avg i guess.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
im about 20-30 seconds on both tires balanced. its not hard and just when it starts to lean, calmly put your foot down like you meant it

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Push bike riders do it all the time, be fudged if i know how. Ive seen it many times, you know the racing ones that have their feet strapped into the pedals? Its awesome, they sit there for the duration of the light!

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I've done it, but it isn't a real stop. It's a quick stop and then a slow crawl forward while I bounce around on the bike and pump the handlebars back and forth trying to make it balance so I don't have to put a foot down. Other than a quick stop at a light I can see is going to change, I almost always put my foot down.

In my opinion, it isn't that cool. I imagine to someone watching it looks kind of like one of those bicycle guys doing all kinds of crazy shit to avoid taking their foot out of the pedal clips.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
wow never heard of it. I wish i can learn but id rather not drop my bike learning something like this. Just not worth it. And plus, my bike weight a ton.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts